I Continue to be Amazed with the 215 Hybrid

Boz,
Thanks for your reply. I had already looked at the pictures - very impressive! Very nice bull. What did it weigh? I believe if I get an opportunity to go on a bison hunt I'll use the 215 and do my best to place the bullet in the heart. I believe bullet placement (assuming your using the appropiate bullet) is the key to recovering whatever animal we're hunting and would definitely be crucial in bringing down a bison. Besides the two whitetail bucks I have taken a cow elk with the Berger bullets but the elk was taken with a 190 grain VLD instead of the 215 hybrid. The elk was DRT.
If I do have an opportunity to take a bison with this bullet I'll post pictures.
If anyone else has any opinions or advice please reply.
Thanks again.

Boz,
Thanks for your reply. I had already looked at the pictures - very impressive! Very nice bull. What did it weigh? I believe if I get an opportunity to go on a bison hunt I'll use the 215 and do my best to place the bullet in the heart. I believe bullet placement (assuming your using the appropiate bullet) is the key to recovering whatever animal we're hunting and would definitely be crucial in bringing down a bison. Besides the two whitetail bucks I have taken a cow elk with the Berger bullets but the elk was taken with a 190 grain VLD instead of the 215 hybrid. The elk was DRT.
If I do have an opportunity to take a bison with this bullet I'll post pictures.
If anyone else has any opinions or advice please reply.
Thanks again.

That's the plan I would have if I were shooting buffalo, 215 Berger just of the elbow! A local buffalo rancher shoots them there with a 243 so I would think a 215gr bullet would get it done, the buffalo I've been around were much easier to kill than an elk IMO.

Gaps, I can't live with the short barrel life of the RUM. I simply shoot too much. I have owned some, and been around several. Plus I use to shoot the 30-378's too. I now am back to the 300 win and happy to be there. Once I get a rifle shooting like my 300 win is I want it to last a while before I have to start over with a new barrel. If you do go with the RUM I would definitely go with the 230's.

Jeff
How many rounds you get before your 300wm barrel out. Thanks

Just rounded 3100 yesterday. The first 3000 were with 208 Amax's, and then Broz got me interested in the 215's. The barrel is a 28 inch Rock Creek Mtu. I Gun Juice it every 400 rounds when I clean it.

I have heard that bison can be very hard to kill if ya miss the mark so to speak. From what I have read they can take a hit and act like it got bit by a fly. They just shrug it off as no big deal. Good luck On bison in the future. Some where on here i believe in the trophy pic forum is a 3000lb range bull being picked up by backhoe bucket that is alot of muscle and bone again good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.