I am falling apart ...

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Regarding the neck:

What will probably happen is you'll have a neck stretcher prescribed after therapy. Do not under any circumstances get the prone variety. It is exceedingly uncomfortable. It will rip the hair out from your nape and lift your jowls so high they'll cover your ears. You won't be able to hear yourself screaming from the scalping.

Get the one that hangs over the door. That one has a chinstrap like contraption and a pouch that cradles the lower part of your noggin. Much better.

Now ask me how I know.

Last edited:
They say getting older ain't for the weak! Hope all goes well for you.
Hey, neighbor; so sorry to hear that my older brother's favorite saying: "Getting older ain't for sissies" has drifted over to your house. I will be be praying for your timely recovery for all that ails you. I had 2 heart surgeries during hunting season last year but God is good and I will hunt again! BTW, every time I hear about your 30 Gibbs, I get jealous. Stay strong, brother; you've got this! MTGEEZER

Hey, neighbor; so sorry to hear that my older brother's favorite saying: "Getting older ain't for sissies" has drifted over to your house. I will be be praying for your timely recovery for all that ails you. I had 2 heart surgeries during hunting season last year but God is good and I will hunt again! BTW, every time I hear about your 30 Gibbs, I get jealous. Stay strong, brother; you've got this! MTGEEZER
Amen, Brother! Thanks.

Ed

Been there, assorted plates, screws, CT scans, and other stuff. My Dad taught me that people are tougher than they think they are and a person can perform way beyond their imagined limit.
My mind keeps telling me that I can like when I was 35 but my body at 65 tends to be reluctant. I will work on it though you have given me renewed hope.

Hang Tough Brother, This getting old aint all it's cracked up to be, I've got stuff that hurts that I didn't even know I had ;)
Yeah Butter Bean, and I have seen a few people that have met you and I bet they hurt in places they did not know existed either. No one ever explained how much all that fun I had when I was younger was gonna hurt these days. Getting old has left me all cracked up. Just sayin'.

Who thought jumping off a perfectly good horse at 40 mph onto head of steer is fun? Oh yeah safe? No long term effects... uhuh! Getting old is just paying the long term "return on investment" cost of some of the "fun" things we did younger. 3 shoulder surgeries, 2 knees, back is next. The one thing I have noticed getting older is your mental toughness overrides the accumulated pain. You know the clock is ticking and you refuse to give in so you can hunt, fish, shoot whatever you want to do. Wife says just let it go and I say when I am horizontal I will.