I am at my wits end with this stock!

Yeah definitely an action issue. Common complaint with defiance. I have the anti in an ag composite stock (almost exact same stock as Alamo uses in the maverick). Nightforce nx8 in direct mount Hawkins hybrid rings. Bolt handle doesn't hit on the scope, but it's very close. I'd welcome a "bent" bolt handle if it was an easy swap, not sure if defiance offers anything like that.

go with the combo that allows your bolt to clear the ocular, then correct for line-of-sight, or cheek weld with a Bradley cheek rest.

I have a build with an ANTI long action/ Proof barrel. I had the Talley lightweight rings Medium height on my rifle with a Nightforce NX8 4-32.
They cleared the ocular but in my case the scope was a touch to low and I could not get the scope back as far as I wanted it. It might be worth a try. I am not sure of the diameter of your ocular.

I had a gun from Alamo with the exact same problem. I ended up mounted taller rings then I line to get things to work out. Mine was the same action.

Get your scope scope height where it needs to be for good bolt clearance, then check out a Traid Tactical stock pack. It will raise the comb without adding as much weight as the adjustable comb stuff that can be added to the stock. I use them on hunting rifles and they work great. Also cost less than most other options.

Do you think ditching the 20 MOA rail and installing a 0 MOA will let me use the Seekins rings?

This leaves me wondering if I won't wind up right back where I am, while bringing the centerline up at the same time bringing the rear down.

I will get some pictures here shortly.
Maybe......
Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 in low Vortex Pro Rings, but the Defiance bolt knob hit the Swarovski lens caps.
Have you though about just not using the Swarovski lens caps? I actually like to use bikini type lens covers. Lens caps are always a pain for me in one way or another.

JPatzig and Warrbuk both mentioned above, on their Defiance actions that they had to go to direct mount rings. This gets rid of the rail altogether and will lower thing even more. Maybe after that the bolt knob will be slightly above the ocular.... Definitely need to use the scope with the smallest diameter ocular.

Bummer of a problem. That's a beautiful rifle.

What do you mean by dishing it?

Grinding a 'half moon' shape from the handle so it doesn't hit the ocular end of the scope. Sort of like this flat spot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-120516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-120516_Chrome.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 67
This bolt has been nittrided

The Swarovski even without the caps would be too high with the rings needed to get clearance. Plus I am saving the Swarovski for the next build which should be ready in a few weeks.

I really don't want to use a cheek riser, but I am seeing that is my only solution until I can have them install an adjustable comb after the season.

Joe Ducos installs KMW hardware for a riser, looks fantastic when done.

I had Alamo Precision build me a 7mm-08, their Maverick version and I am happy with the rifle and extremely satisfied with their work.

The issue is I cannot get the cheek weld I want. I originally had them mount my Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 in low Vortex Pro Rings, but the Defiance bolt knob hit the Swarovski lens caps. I removed the Swarovski and installed a Leica ER 5 2-10x50mm and the second issue came up, I have very light contact with the comb and absolutely no repeatability when shouldering the rifle.

So I ordered a set of Seekins low rings and a set of Ken Farrell low rings. I could not get the proper eye relief with either scope with the Ken Farrell rings and still couldn't get the proper cheek weld with the Seekins rings.

So I ordered a Vortex Razor HD LHT 3 -15 x 42mm and when I put it in the Ken Farrell low rings, the bolt hits the ocular, so bad in fact, I can only slide the bolt back maybe 2" and the ocular stops it.

I can put the Vortex in the Seekins or Vortex rings, but that puts me right back where I was with the cheek weld issue. Short of having Alamo install an adjustable comb, I don't know how to solve the issue. I could install a cheek riser, but I honestly hate the look of them.

Rifle has the 20 MOA Defiance rail.

I am willing to listen to every suggestion and I really appreciate it. I will get pictures of the rifle with the Vortex mounted tomorrow.

Pictures of the rifle with the Leica mounted showing the comb design

View attachment 311614View attachment 311615
Install the riser! Problem won't go away on its own...you can marry it to the stock and paint to match!