I am impressed with Leupold Binoculars

wildcat

Hey guys, I just received my new Leupold Wind River Olympic Binoculars 12x50mm. I am very impressed with the clarity and quality. I was going to buy a pair of Swarovski's, however, I also needed a new range finder, so I went with Leupold Binoculars and bought the Swarovski 8x30 1500 Laser Guided Range finder. I loved the Swarovski Binoculars, but I had to save some money some where if I wanted to get both binoculars and rangefinder. I am very impressed with the Leupold Binoculars, and I would recommend them to anyone who is trying to find a quality pair of binoculars for $400.00. I looked at the following pairs of binoculars in the price range between $350.00 to $450.00, before I made my final decsion; Burris, Nikon, Bushnell, Browning and the ones I went with Leupold. This is how I ranked them in my opinion;
#1-Leupold (Very nice, Excellent Quality, Very Very Clear, Very Impressed)
#2-Browning (Really nice and Clear)
#3 Nikon(Good)
#4-Burris (Good)
#5-Bushnell (Ok). I hope this info was informative. Good Shootin, Wildcat!

Congrats..
Well I'm glad you like them..
Personally I would have went with the Pentax SP series for bino's..
Whats the warranty on the Swaro's is the same as their bino's,30yrs parts and 5 yrs lab or is it life time no questions asked..

Pentax and Yukon is a good brand to add to Minox and Vortex. Pentax has really crispy clear glass and cost isn't bad. Yukon has great quality and unique shape with really affordable valued prices. Both two companies that deserve more praise.

LEUPOLD RXB-IV Digital Range Finder Binoculars

If somebody is interested in rangefinding binoculars - I would suggest to take a look at just-released LEUPOLD RXB-IV. Of course, these range finder binoculars two times expensive than any regular Nikon or Bushnell rangefinder monocular, but just imagine that you will have 2 units in one!

Last edited:
Wildcat,
I just did the same. I bought the olympic 12x50's for the same reason and I love them. I needed a range finder and I bought the atn 1500 ranger range finder, so far so good. I wanted the leica 1200 rf but could not justify both for the total price.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.