Leupold Rangefinder Binoculars

davkrat

Anybody have any experienve with these? I am looking to get a new rangefinder and would really like to be able to just carry both rangefinder and binos in one package. Cabelas has a 9X Leupold "Wind-River" set but I believe that Wind-River is a Chinese import for Leupold that has gotten pretty low remarks. On the Leupold site they show two other Bino-Rangefinders the 8X RB800C and the 9X RXB-IV. Does anyone know how these compare to the Swarovski rangefinders? I tried out the Swarovski in Sportsmans Warehouse and the optics were so good I figured I could probably just use them instead of binoculars. Only using one eye can lead to serious eye strain though.

leupold

I bought a Leupold RX-IV rangfinder it was a peice of junk. Its Labeled as a regular Leupold product not Wind River and it was still made in China. It was rated as a 1000yard + rangefinder and it hardly ranged out to 400 yards in good conditions! Based on my experience with Leupold rangefinders and many many other reports I have read I would avoid Leupold rangefinders like the plauge. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154534#post154534
I've replaced that Rx-IV with a Leica 1200crf I couldn't be happier. Its so small I don't mind carrying binoculars with my rangefinder.

Last edited:
Thanks,
For some reason I don't see any of the old threads anymore. I figured it was too good to be true. IT's too bad a good american company like Leupold had to start selling Chinese junk.

I bought a Leupold RX-IV rangfinder it was a peice of junk. Its Labeled as a regular Leupold product not Wind River and it was still made in China. It was rated as a 1000yard + rangefinder and it hardly ranged out to 400 yards in good conditions! Based on my experience with Leupold rangefinders and many many other reports I have read I would avoid Leupold rangefinders like the plauge. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154534#post154534
I've replaced that Rx-IV with a Leica 1200crf I couldn't be happier. Its so small I don't mind carrying binoculars with my rangefinder.

I would take Flybuster advice on this one. They don't range anything close to 400 yards. If your needing more of a range i would get either Swaro or Leica.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.