I am at my wits end with this stock!

That's quite the camo job you have there.

Seems like the issue you have is you can't go as low as you would like to go, and I get that. Lower is always better when you can get it.
But sometimes you just got to move up.

Joe Ducos installs KMW hardware for a riser, looks fantastic when done.

Agreed - Joe Ducos does awesome work!

I ordered the KMW Loggerhead kit, I also sent Joe an email. I will send him the stock after the season and have it installed.

I will put a temporary solution to work in the meantime.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I really wanted to use a Defiance AnTi for a light weight 280AI but I wanted a low mounted scope. I contacted Defiance after reading that several people reported bolt/ocular issues and I was told I would not be able to use low rings. Everyone does not want a high mounted scope, especially with a light rifle.

Well this is a serious buzzkill, Alamo just contacted me that they finished my .280AI altitude build last week. Have a 3.6-18 mk5 HD and Hawkins ultralight rings I have in the safe ready to throw on it… I guess I'll find out how it works or doesn't this week…

I really wanted to use a Defiance AnTi for a light weight 280AI but I wanted a low mounted scope. I contacted Defiance after reading that several people reported bolt/ocular issues and I was told I would not be able to use low rings. Everyone does not want a high mounted scope, especially with a light rifle.
Terminus Kratos Lite!
I have one getting barreled up right now Put the scope as low as you can get it and the bolt will not make contact

0D443261-3FE9-44E9-9F06-569E06302091.jpeg

Last edited: