I want a high end scope !

I know BSA gets a lot of **** but they got me into long range shooting in some ways. I always felt like I need more zoom when shooting and didn't know **** about scopes or glass I was young and had no knowledge when it came to this. So I picked up a bsa 6-24 from sportsmans and strapped it to a new 22-250 sitting in the safe. After getting zero I had a blast shot hundreds of rounds and lots of varmits and had a blast doing it. I still have it and still works well. Just after looking through better stuff it's hard to go back. I never used it in low light so it worked for me especially for the price. Nothing I'd ever buy again but worth it at the time

You buy what you can afford at the time and the skill of the shooter makes up for a lot.
I see rich guys at my range with all kinds of fancy rifles and scopes and some of them have poor shooting skills . They think just buying the best is all it takes .
I sure helps but you still have to know how to shoot well .
One guy I remember had a nice blue printed Rem 700 in 300 WM in an Accuracy International stock . Night force scope and can't remember what bi-pod probably AI also .
Anyway he was getting hot under the collar because the gun was shooting big groups .
His grumbling caused me to stop and watch him . Everything was wrong from flinching to bad trigger jerk the whole ball game of errors.
So I asked him for a shot of the gun to see if it was bad . I could see it was zeroed about 1 inch high at 100 meters . So settled in took an aim 1 inch low from the small bulls eye and bang the first shot went dead center as did the next two for a near one hole group . The guy was speechless . I then said mate I would kill to own this gun it's perfect , you just need to stop whining and clean up your shooting style and you will be a great shot .

Bullet bumper,

I had a similar experience. A guy at the range showed up with a T/C .30-30 14" barrel sporting my favorite scope of the day; a 2-6X Bushnell. He had a box of factory stuff. The target boards are 2' X 4'. He never hit the whole thing. When he had three cartridges left I interrupted him to ask if I could fire his last three shots. I told him I was used to a .454 and his hand gun would be a pussycat for me. He allowed me to.

I checked the bore in relation to the reticle. They were very close. I fired three. There was a 15/16" group at about 3" at 1:30. I graciously suggested I could load up some light loads for him and work up from there. He accepted and learn to shoot.

Bullet bumper,

I had a similar experience. A guy at the range showed up with a T/C .30-30 14" barrel sporting my favorite scope of the day; a 2-6X Bushnell. He had a box of factory stuff. The target boards are 2' X 4'. He never hit the whole thing. When he had three cartridges left I interrupted him to ask if I could fire his last three shots. I told him I was used to a .454 and his hand gun would be a pussycat for me. He allowed me to.

I checked the bore in relation to the reticle. They were very close. I fired three. There was a 15/16" group at about 3" at 1:30. I graciously suggested I could load up some light loads for him and work up from there. He accepted and learn to shoot.

Everyone has to learn from someone . The ones I feel sorry for is the people that have problems but will not listen to anyone's advice at all. Everything I know I learned either from study or listening to better shooters than me. There's a guy at my range who is half my age and a really top shot so when he advises me I keep my mouth shut and my ears open.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.