New high end scope decision

Typo,

I believe you are looking at an image of the MTR 4 set at 10 power if the center circle is 4 moa. At 20 power the circle will be 2 moa and the lines will be 1 moa. At 25 power the lines are 0.8 moa. The circle is open and hardly blocks anything. I've used this reticle on small targets at 1600 yards with no problem. Hope this helps.

My manual for yhe F1-center dot =.1 milThere is also FMA-1 and FMA-2 3-24X.1=1/4 MOA,2=1/8 FOR CENTER DOT.1=1/5 MOA CROSS HAIR,2=1/10 MOA.

S&B 3-27x56, maybe leupold has a mark 8 that'd fit, hensoldt 3.5-26x56.

If you are looking for elite, those may be worth a look, way outside my realm so I don't know much of anything about them, my guess is they'll be heavier then desired but probably insane everywhere else.

I looked at both of those scopes and they are probably great but the weight and the price are more than I'm willing to go for. On another note I ordered a March 2.5-25x52 MTR 3 illuminated so I should be able to put that right next to the z6 soon. I will let you guys know how it goes.

So i have my march and it is pretty nice. The parallex knob is a little touchy though and there are a couple other things that seem a little strange about it, but I haven't had any time to put it on a gun and put it through its paces yet do to changing jobs and getting ready to move across the state. As soon as I do have time I will get it done and report back. The company i ordered the z6 from still has not shipped it and i'm getting ready to cancel the order so it might be a little while before I can look at them side by side. Just an update, so you guys didn't think I forgot to let you know how its going.

Thanks for the update. Maybe you can find a friend at the range and add the NXS to the side by side comparison. Looking forward to it.

Tyfo, have you been using your March scope? I am thinking of getting the same one with the mtr3 as well, just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks

Nieko,
I have not been really shooting at all since my move, but plan to start again soon. I did get a little shooting in with the March before I moved and I really like the way it performs. I recently bought a vx6 just to see how it performs as well. So now I have the March, Swarovski z6, and leupold vx6 all mounted on guns and ready to do head to head battle but my time has been really restricted do to a new job a buying a new house. When I have the time (hopefully in September) I will put rounds down range with all of them on the same day at the same range. On pure aesthetics I prefer the Swarovski because it is sleek and doesn't have a lot of sharp edges to it. It is very ergonomically friendly and all of the turrets and knobs turn perfectly. The March has a more sharp (tactical) look and feel to it. I really like how low profile the turrets are and how compact a scope of its nature is, but so far I hate the parallax adjustment. I will get a range report with pictures I promise. It will just be a little longer.

Tyler

I sure can. What range would work for you and what size lines are we talking?

The lines on this target are about .027". I would like to know how far you can see them with your different scopes. Let's say at 200 yards what's the lowest each scope will allow you to positively see this type of line.

DSC00206.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.