High-end scope for ultralight hunting rifle?

This is what happens when social distancing brings on cabin fever! I've got money coming from sale of truck - no stimulus checks for me. Part of the truck cash will go for new scope for my 6 lb. 7mm. Need to be able to ping targets to beyond 1200-1400 yards and have enough elevation to get there with a 20 degree rail if needed.

While I thought the choice might be a Leopold HD5 3-18, I've got mixed feelings about the 35mm tube. I'm not a big fan of the illuminated reticle choice for their mil model either (TMR). That appears to be the best glass in a light package from Lup.

Second consideration was a NF NX8 but again, I've got one shot to do this right, pun intended, and want the highest quality glass I can buy. I've heard mixed reviews on the NX8 glass and light transmission capabilities.

I would probably get a ZComp if it wasn't such a tank... and may still do that but need to look through one. Clarity and low light performance found in the top tear glass are important to me though... so that factors into what i'll end up buying... I've considered Minox, Kahles, S&B, Zeiss, and Swaro in the same lineup... even a Valdada IOR, a new one they just came up with, the TX Raider Compact (but then 2 lbs too, and back to 35mm tube.)

The IOR MP8 is the only FFP reticle I've had any time behind and was usable at its lowest power...so that's another decision factor with this new scope, given most are FFP will it be usable for short range, dark timber or low light conditions. Some FFPs I've looked through would be near invisible without illumination - so unless you can see it like an MP8 at low magnification. I'll have to have that. I'm using a range finder so most of the time, FFP isn't a requirement but most of the top end glass seems to comes in FFP...

I'm sure there are plenty of varying opinions out there, but what would you do if faced with a single opportunity to buy one high end scope for your lightweight hunting rifle. I've got a budget that can do $3500 but I'm not apposed to applying some $ to deer/elk tags if I find the right scope. Ultimate resolution, repeat-ability, low light performance, elevation, in a mil scope that can reach out and get the job done with the above criteria. Thoughts? Other options?

Haven't read every post, but has anyone mentioned a Leica. lighter than most of the afore mentioned and has huge light gathering ability. Reticles maybe a limitation. I like the clarity, the lighter wt. and the milradian adjustment. I've never seen an elk at 1400 yds. That range is always on the other side of the mountain:)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.