Hunting with a Modern Sporting Rifle Opinions

However the aluminum rails are cold as heck in cold weather

I hear you! I decided to try out something different this year and so far I'm really liking it..... It's a Hera arms handguard that normally comes leather wrapped. I replaced the leather with Paracord soaked in bees wax. It's fairly easy to clean and much warmer on the fingers! One of these years I'm going to get around to making a free float wood handguard.

Attachments

• 20231101_165322.jpg
    20231101_165322.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 42
I have shot a lot of stuff with ARs. I really like them for hunting purposes. I have used 300 blackouts and 6.8s for big game. An 11.3" 6.8 with a can makes for a great deer killer.

I have a 338 federal gas gun also just haven't hunted with it yet.

Attachments

• KIMG3072.JPG
    KIMG3072.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 38
I hear you! I decided to try out something different this year and so far I'm really liking it..... It's a Hera arms handguard that normally comes leather wrapped. I replaced the leather with Paracord soaked in bees wax. It's fairly easy to clean and much warmer on the fingers! One of these years I'm going to get around to making a free float wood handguard.

That scope takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin' 😂

Nice rig.

I've got one in 223 built to hunt with a kreiger 20inch 223 barrel and a Gibbs side charge ar10 in 308 with a whole lot of jp rifles stuff inside . They will shoot 1/4 to 1/2 moa all day . The ar15 is currently setup for night hogs in texas on my buddy Aaron's place. I'd like a sbr in 300blk with my can for pigs just to many projects in the works already.

Attachments

• 20230520_142040.jpg
    20230520_142040.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 22
Got 5 of em, M4 style for home defense a 24" sage rat slayer, a VERY accurate 1/4" all day 20" Lothar Walther bbl, drop in Timney, my wolf rifle is a 24" 6.5 Grendel, it is an Alexander Arms upper W/Timney drop in. My son shoots a 6mm ARC he built it with all top components and it is his wolf, yote gun, they are AWESOME for hunting under the right conditions. I was at my range last year and a guy was shooting a .300 WinMag Nemo AR, we traded shots, he wanted to shoot my 30-378. That Nemo is the real deal was slappin steel at 600 like it was 60 yards.

Ive used 6.8spcii, 300bo, 450bm, 308w (223 isn't legal for bg in co)---- the large frame ones font jave to be heavy--- mine is under 7 pounds scoped. I just make sure I watch my range limits, with 16 or 18" barrels I bring in my max range a few hundred yards over a 24-26" barreled rifle

Cool.