Hunting from the ground with a ghille suit

Watch "the hunting public" on Amazon. One of the hunters has pretty good success stalking whitetails in your typical treestand territory with a ghillie. Can definitely skip a few episodes but it has some good content. They do a ton of ground hunting for deer. Mostly bow.

Not here in CO, must wear hunter orange in both muzzy and rifle season....you could do it during bow season if you wanted to though.

Seen a few guys wearing lightweight leafy camo suits for bow season, but full blown ghille suits can be pretty hot and heavy and bow season here on CO can get "hot" during the day.
Here in Colorado, hunting on public lands, there's a heck of a lot more hunters in the woods than ever before. Don't think I'd want to hunt around that many people who can't see me at all. Crowded as it's become here, I'm glad to wear the required Hunter Orange.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.