Hunting with the 260

Great pics Hondo. What were some of the weights on those hogs.

I didn't weigh any of them, but the big black one I killed with my Low Wall measured 60" from the base of the tail to the tip of the snout and 32" from the bottom of a front hoof to the top of the shoulder. 2nd biggest I've ever killed…

John

Plus one on the amax. I have 4 260s. Two rifles and two xp handguns. All like The 140 amax with 42-44 (h 4350h) though 44 is getting hot in some. Lots of deer Yates and hogs with them. It's a great hunting bullet.

Last edited:
I didn't weigh any of them, but the big black one I killed with my Low Wall measured 60" from the base of the tail to the tip of the snout and 32" from the bottom of a front hoof to the top of the shoulder. 2nd biggest I've ever killed…

John
I'd bet the big black one is in the 450-500lbs range. You must not be too far down the road from here either looking at them and the country you're hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.