HOWA 1500 270 WIN Toast

No 6.5 PRC yet. They have to build it. I have decided to sell it. I just don't need another caliber. Don't want one. Expecting the rifle to be back sooner, I put a replacement in layaway. Had to go ahead and get it out this weekend.

Tikka T3X Lite. 270 Win. MDT Oryx Chassis. Weighs just a little over 9 lbs, so should soak up some recoil and still light enough for a hunting rifle. Have the option of threading the barrel as well, if needed.

Tikka 270.jpg

Oh, and have decided just to shoot the 6.5 PRC and not sell it immediately. Just to see if I like it. Been a month now and they are still "building" it. Even with their products being good, from feedback, the customer service has been absolutely horrible.

No 6.5 PRC yet. They have to build it. I have decided to sell it. I just don't need another caliber. Don't want one. Expecting the rifle to be back sooner, I put a replacement in layaway. Had to go ahead and get it out this weekend.

Tikka T3X Lite. 270 Win. MDT Oryx Chassis. Weighs just a little over 9 lbs, so should soak up some recoil and still light enough for a hunting rifle. Have the option of threading the barrel as well, if needed.

View attachment 469299
How adjustable are those stocks???

So, got a HOWA 1500 in 270 WIN a while back. Got a B&C stock for it and it fit perfect. Go to the range and the best group I ever got from it was 5". Sent back to Legacy back in January. Needless to say, there must be a lot of returns. Just got notified today it is trash and needs to be replaced. No 270s in stock for at least 2 months (based in the timeframe given for warranty work, that will be more like a year). Other option is a different caliber. So, I have to go with a long action if I want to use my stock. Plus, I already have quite a few short action rifles. It looks like my only option is a 30-06. I can load it down some with my shoulder issues. Already have dies and brass.

Wish they had a 25-06.

I have factory 30-06 take off with less than 200 rounds you can screw on to see if it headspaces. It's yours for the taking. My 1500 started as 270, then a friend screwed on a 30-06. It is now a 280a1 I chambered

I have factory 30-06 take off with less than 200 rounds you can screw on to see if it headspaces. It's yours for the taking. My 1500 started as 270, then a friend screwed on a 30-06. It is now a 280a1 I chambered
Thanks Nez. Let me see how the 6.5 PRC does. If I don't care for it, I will give you a holler. I have 30-06 dies, brass and bullets.

Well, the rifle replacement saga continued this week. I have not heard anything in over a month. I called and Legacy said they had e-mailed me twice for my FFL, which was already provided. The e-mail address they used was missing a character, so I never received them. Sent the rifle to them in January, so it has been over 6 months.
I was told they no longer had any 6.5 PRCs in stock and they would be "checking into it." I e-mailed the VP again along with customer service. I got a call back about 30 min later and they are sending me a 6.5 PRC carbon barrel 1500 as a replacement. They sent me the ticket showing the VP got involved. This could have been an option from the beginning to make sure customers are taken care of without having to complain to management.
Still can't use the stock or the custom muzzle brake I bought as it was for a sporter, but I reckon I am coming out a little better off. I will see if I can sell those to someone else who wants a stock upgrade for a HOWA long action sporter. Or, maybe buy a long action from Brownells and drop it into the stock. IDK.

Wow, sorry for the bad luck you're having with it! I hope the 6.5PRC shoots well and then you can put it all behind you.
Appreciate it. In the grand scheme of all that is going on right now, it is a bump.

Hadn't even thought about owning a 6.5 PRC, but I reckon I will buy a few boxes of ammo and see what all the fuss is about. Don't need another caliber, but I may end up liking it.