howa 1500 338 win mag questions

6mm06guy

I'm looking at buying a new howa 1500 barreled action in 338 win mag, does anyone here have any experience with this rifle? This will be my 3rd howa, and I really like them. My biggest concern is will the magazine handle the 300 gr berger bullets? I'm wanting another stainless long range rifle for big game.

My Howa 1500 308 has a very long throat. I have to single load my 150g BT's in order to get them touching the lands. I haven't found any bullet I can get to the lands and still fit in the mag. I've been told most Howa 1500's have long throats. I don't know what your experience has been with your other rifles, just my experience.

My 308 howa throat is fine, but my 6.5x55 is too ooo long, it shoots well but but it's long enough that seating 140 gr nosler bts where the bullet will fall out if you bump it right, before it touches the lands

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.