Howa 1500 Questions in .223 Questions

I shoot a Howa 1500 Varmint Supreme in .223 as well, and it seems to like the light bullets. 35 grains v-max, 40 grain Nosler spitzers. even with 55 grain ballistic tips they don't seem to be very consistant.

the accuaracy is great at 100 yards with light wind, but I have not shot them over 100 yards or in wind yet.

I shoot a Howa 1500 Varmint Supreme in .223 as well, and it seems to like the light bullets. 35 grains v-max, 40 grain Nosler spitzers. even with 55 grain ballistic tips they don't seem to be very consistant.

the accuaracy is great at 100 yards with light wind, but I have not shot them over 100 yards or in wind yet.
You are right, the Howa's prefer light bullets. I have taken 50 grain vmax bullets to 600 yards in still air with the local gun club. If legacy international would produce a 9 twist 22-250, that would a really fun gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts