Howa 1500 stock

The Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard don't have as many options as the Remington 700 does. You've got McMillians or Manners , or B&C. Personally, I don't care for the B&C offerings for the Howa/Vanguard. I ordered a Mc awhile back and if I remember correctly I was told 3 1/2 to 4 months. This 'build' has a custom barrel, so wasn't looking for "drop-in". Those sold a s "drop-in' need to be bedded for best results .anyway

The Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard don't have as many options as the Remington 700 does. You've got McMillians or Manners , or B&C. Personally, I don't care for the B&C offerings for the Howa/Vanguard. I ordered a Mc awhile back and if I remember correctly I was told 3 1/2 to 4 months. This 'build' has a custom barrel, so wasn't looking for "drop-in". Those sold a s "drop-in' need to be bedded for best results .anyway

What is wrong with the B&C? I have no experience with any of these so I'm grasping at straws on my own.

The B&Cs just don't have a shape that suits me, as well as many of my customers. They only make varmint stocks for the SA. Their 'sporter' is about the same shape as the factory stocks.

The three stock companies I listed all have web sites with pics of their stocks. Mc doesn't list the Howa, but they can inlet any they make for Sako. The one their making for the Vanguard 'custom' I'll be puttin' together is the HTG.

I ordered a McMillan Sako hunter for a vanguard Dec 21st. stock was ready to ship March 7th. Quite a bit sooner than expected.

I am seriously thinking of getting a B&C with the full length aluminum bedding for my Howa 308 sporter. Currently my Howa has the pillar bedded and rubberized hoge stock now which I bedded...it is serviceable and hold zero well, but I just don't like the stock. Drop the howa in a B&C and add a home bedding job to it, and I can't imagine how you could get a better cost effective solution for a sporter rifle. I think they are relatively light too at 2-2.25lbs.

After looking at all my options and prices for each it looks like if I change the stock when I change the barrel it will probably be to a B&C. It will be a hunting rifle so I don't really need a tactical stock. My laminate stock will suffice for now. I don't think there's enough meat open it up for a heavier barrel.

I bought a sporter b&c for my 308 with #2 profile. I bedded the action and it is rock solid. sjnce this is just a hunter rifle for me I couldn't justify the McMillan, and very happy with the b&c.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.