How To Hunt Antelope By Ernie Bishop

ADMIN

Administrator
This is a thread for discussion of the article, How To Hunt Antelope By Ernie Bishop. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so that he can join the discussion. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

That is a good description of antelope hunting. It is fun because you nearly always see lots of animals. This was not so true 30 years ago.

I would just remind people what you said. The chamber should be empty when you are crawling around with a gun. Secondly, it is good to use hunter orange so you don't wind up being shot at by some other hunter.

I appreciate the reminder of the safety aspect.
I had a friend who died several years ago in an handgun hunting accident.

Ernie: Great story about your first Antelope hunt. Enjoyed the whole article. Also you gave us a bunch of good tips when it comes to hunting theose "Speed Goats". That is one of the hunts I have been wanting to do for many years. After you teach me how to do those "Long Shots" with a SP, I am going to give it a try before I get too old.

Thanks again for the fine article.

Jim

Jim, i hope u get a chance to hang out with us specialty-pistol guys. It's a kick i tell ya'. Sort of an underground shooting clique in a way.

Well done partner!! I'll never forget that last 257 AI antelope buck. Last day of season as i remember too. Man we wroked hard just to find 'em that year. One of the neatest antelope hunting success stories i've ever experienced--hooorrahh!!

One day....I hope.....Getting older and older, never enough time to get all the things done....should have started years ago...oh well...when I have time, I have no money....LOL...

Jim

Ernie, I wish I had read your story prior to my hunt. Dead on!

I just came back from my first Pronghorn in WY and boy did I have to learn. I had a young and very inexperienced guide but we got it done. You must be in excellent condition and being in my early 50s it was hard enough to keep up with my 26 year old guide. I am going to look into a muzzle break for my Browning A-bolt and am definitely doing this again. Thx again for a great article!

Best

We hunted on private land about 20 mins outside of Casper. Open fields and difficult to stalk. Wind, cactus, missed shots, man its like having a flash back!

Have a happy and a great B-day!

Best!

You will probably be having cactus work out of you for several weeks:D
Next time you head out this way you will be more prepared.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.