Ernie Bishop, Kirby, and Wildcat boolits

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I'm sittin here at work mindin my own business when my uncle comes walking up to me with a magazine in his hand he says "hey you better get off your butt and get to shootin this 2000yd pdog cause some ol boy is tryin to do it with a dang pistol, a 7mm Dakota!!"

He hands me the latest issue of Dakota magazine and the first thing i see on pg 24 is Ernie Bishop smiling with a APS XP-100 and some banged up steel. The article talks about the building of his 7mm Dakota speciality pistol and talks a good amount about Kirby and Wildcat bullets. Ernie will prolly be along here some time and have some more to say. Congrats on the publishing Ernie, the article was very well written and fun to read about some people you know

take it easy
steve

Thanks guys!
I'm currently in Gillette, WY.
Just got done with a 1,000 yard handgun match in Sundance that Rich Mertz (MOA Maximum Handguns) put on. I haven't seen the magazine myself yet, but should in a day or two.

You can download it of off SP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good write up !!

Mike

Great story, good pics. And I thought my 7-08 XP was hot stuff several years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Keep us informed.
db

Heck with Ernie. That's my rangefinder in that dead deer pic....it's famous!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Steve!
I also had a good editor and several others who helped guide me.
I intend to do more writing in the future.

Great story! I too just had Kirby finish touching up my 7mm-08 Striker. I'll probably be like you and want more after I start shooting it. I do have a260 Rem Striker that I may have to get re-barreled to the "puff".

Again, great story!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.