Huskemaw 5-20 LR Scope Review By Ernie Bishop

Thanks for the quick reply. At $600 less that a NF I might have to give one a try. I should have bought one when they were $975.

Agreed. A 5 foot fall with a 150-200 lb guy falling on top of the gun would give most any setup problems. The issue isn't always the scope either. There are rings and bases involved as well.

Well chalk one up for Night Force, after I took my rifle apart and looked it over, it turns out that my bedding around my recoil lug was chipped away. upon further inspection my recoil lug actually got compressed down against the stock were it still rests. I put the scope on another rifle and box tested it spun it up and down and back to zero with no problems.

Last edited:
Ernie I read your opinion on the Huskema scope but my biggest issue with buying a 1000 plus dollar scope is warranty. Im a firm believerin here to day gone tommorrow. If a company hasnt been here for 50 years in todays industry it may not have a chance to succeed . I have been shopping for 2 months and am thinking zeiss conqwest rapid z800 or z 1000 . I do need advise and thank you for your report you did .I wish you would have tried minox and zeiss as well. kellyw

HG,
More than anything you are going to need to decide how you want to go about LR.
Ballistic turret like the Huskemaw or Ballistic reticle like the Zeiss.
Of course, there are two other options as well, but it looks like you have narrowed it down between these two.
As far as warranty of the Huskemaw. I put the Huskemaw on a 338 Lapua Improved center-grip XP-100 specialty handgun shooting 300 grain SMK's at 2700 fps. Held zero great-typically shoot 4-shot groups around .4 at 100 off of a bi-pod.
But I started getting flakes. I sent it in and promptly received a new scope.

There was a batch that didn't have the inside coating of the tube quite right, and some of that coating broke off.
They were extremely small but showed up when against magnification.
Didn't have this problem with anything till I jumped to the Improved Lapua case.
I have had similar flecks in some Burris' before as well.

If you have doubts about any product I would advise you to not purchase it, since you do not have confidence in it.

If you are still in search mode then give them a call and talk to them about their warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.