How much do gun goofs in books bother you?

Imagine a story where a famous Hollywood A-hole anti-gun guy accidentally shoots two members of his film crew because he's a complete idiot on gun safety rules. Oh wait, this thread is about fiction, isn't it...

The goofs annoy me a bit , but I really enjoy when the studio and the production companies take real care to get it right. The Guns, the ammo and the actor being trained to actually use it and appear to actually be comfortable with it. The John Wick series of three movies come to mind. I think his training in shooting Three Gun added to the realism. I enjoyed it.
The only thing there is the amount of firearms he is or was carrying. At lease John Wick reloads. In Nam we call the M-60 the HOG, because it use 600 rounds per minute, If the trigger was held depressed. You couldn't use it that way. It would heat up or burn up in not to many rounds. I was watching a movie on tunnels in Vietnam in 1968 I believe. It was so stupid I had to turn it off. I was crazy enough that I went down a lot tunnels for awhile. Needless to stay most of the time nobody was home. Not all! Otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it today. I got the handle of crazy medic, and I wonder why?

Imagine a story where a famous Hollywood A-hole anti-gun guy accidentally shoots two members of his film crew because he's a complete idiot on gun safety rules. Oh wait, this thread is about fiction, isn't it...
I think this thread is fiction, along with the OP Dmass or one of his many names everywhere
1D7BE347-0634-4B0F-9FA1-25AADF1AF082.png

6434A86C-CFD4-4E5D-B554-8137641F5F87.png

Or maybe he's gathering a anti gun goofs posse from all across the inter webs… seems odd at best…

I once had friend that said he could nock a pistol out of my hand before I could set it off. What he failed to understand that he wasn't getting any closer than 6 steps of me before I would have set it off. He was thinking he would be withing arm length of me. I wouldn't have allowed that to happen.
A great many years ago the ATF was going in and busting people that had a lot of firearms. Claiming they were gun dealers. So be careful.
Only 3 firearms? o_O

Recent Posts