How much can a stock change with proper bedding increase accuracy with a specific ammo?

I definitely don't know much about the bedding process, that's for sure, and of course i won't be the one to bed my rifle. As far as handloading goes, i wish i had a good teacher and time to do it! But i work a lot

That said, i will take a look at the reloading section on here!
Good and read here, you'll learn. Some good and some bad. There is several here that I value their imput. Not all but that's life.

Do you have a specific one to suggest? Also in english even if it is not my native language
Berger, Hornady 11th edition is out now, Lee, etc…. All of them are good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Bedding your rifle will increase accuracy and it is reversible. If you don't like the bedding, just grind it out and redo it. How much it will improve YOUR accuracy depends on too many variables to give you a percentage of improvement.

Simone reloading is expensive. You can buy a lot of factory ammo for what it will cost you to buy just the reloading equipment. Also, the price of replacement bullets, powder, primers and brass continues to increase and is not inexpensive like it was years ago. You can calculate how much a factory round will cost you versus a reloaded round. Now amortize that difference against what it will cost you to purchase the equipment for the number of rounds you expect to shoot each year. That will tell you how many years it will take you to recover the cost of your equipment purchase plus the cost of years worth of bullets, powder, primers, etc. and finally start saving money? Reloading can be a deep rabbit hole.

Reloading might make sense if:
1) you shoot thousands of rounds each year to amortize the equipment purchase in your lifetime.
2) you enjoy reloading as a hobby
3) you like making wildcat ammo
4) you just enjoy experimenting with lots of different powders, primers, bullets, etc.
5) you shoot competitively and .1moa could make a difference in winning
6) you shoot animals at over 1000 meters and .2moa accuracy difference could create a wounded animal

I agree with your points. I am considering handloading because It would be a lot of fun and because i like the idea to have a very accurately tuned load for my rifles. Not for saving money. I don't shoot animals at 1000 yards but for small animals like roe deer (where the ideal area of the animal to hit is roughly 4 inches with a couple inches of margin in every direction with a heart/lung area shot), a 400 meters shot requires a very good intrinsic accuracy of the rifle. There are much less variables than in a 1000 meters shot but the intrinsic accuracy of the rifle must be very good.
Bedding your rifle will increase accuracy and it is reversible. If you don't like the bedding, just grind it out and redo it. How much it will improve YOUR accuracy depends on too many variables to give you a percentage of improvement.

Simone reloading is expensive. You can buy a lot of factory ammo for what it will cost you to buy just the reloading equipment. Also, the price of replacement bullets, powder, primers and brass continues to increase and is not inexpensive like it was years ago. You can calculate how much a factory round will cost you versus a reloaded round. Now amortize that difference against what it will cost you to purchase the equipment for the number of rounds you expect to shoot each year. That will tell you how many years it will take you to recover the cost of your equipment purchase plus the cost of years worth of bullets, powder, primers, etc. and finally start saving money? Reloading can be a deep rabbit hole.

Reloading might make sense if:
1) you shoot thousands of rounds each year to amortize the equipment purchase in your lifetime.
2) you enjoy reloading as a hobby
3) you like making wildcat ammo
4) you just enjoy experimenting with lots of different powders, primers, bullets, etc.
5) you shoot competitively and .1moa could make a difference in winning
6) you shoot animals at over 1000 meters and .2moa accuracy difference could create a wounded animal

At one time is wasn't much to get started. You had a joices of a few presses and mostly FL dies. Correct me if I am wrong. I didn't have much money at that time. I got my first run of reloading gear at the time I purchase a rifle. Now with the net the whole world is at your fingers. They call it the rabbit hole. Down you go😄🤣 I have been reloading for 61yrs now. Alway learning and adding to my reloading equipment. That why they call it a rabbit hole. It's deep too. I now reload for Rifles, Pistols, and Shotguns in a fairly wide span. I have dies for everything that I shoot and lots of others too.
Do a lot of reading here on anything that interest you. There is a lot of people that know this better than me by a long shot. Some are lost, but that life.

I agree with your points. I am considering handloading because It would be a lot of fun and because i like the idea to have a very accurately tuned load for my rifles. Not for saving money. I don't shoot animals at 1000 yards but for small animals like roe deer (where the ideal area of the animal to hit is roughly 4 inches with a couple inches of margin in every direction with a heart/lung area shot), a 400 meters shot requires a very good intrinsic accuracy of the rifle. There are much less variables than in a 1000 meters shot but the intrinsic accuracy of the rifle must be very good.
I've been reloading for over 65 years. Started as a child with my father. If money doesn't matter, buy the most expensive to start. HOWEVER, you don't need the most expensive equipment to reload very accurate ammo. Also in my opinion, do not buy a reloading kit. You will end up replacing most of the items with better equipment that will save you time and are easier to adjust accurately.

I currently use an inexpensive Lee Turret Progressive system. It gives me 0.17 inch groups at 100 yds with a custom accurized rifle. It is an inexpensive system using interchangeable rings to screw your dies into. You can use it as a single stage system or as a progressive. I use mine as a single stage. These rings make it quick and easy to move from one cartridge to another in about 3 seconds. You buy multiple rings. Up to 4 dies (deprimer, full length, bullet seater, crimper, etc) are screwed into each ring and adjusted to length. To change to a different cartridge, just twist the ring 1/4 of a turn to remove all 4 dies at once. Then place a different ring in the press. This new ring will already have multiple dies installed that are already adjusted and you're ready to reload.

Also buy an electronic automatic powder charger instead of a manual drop dispenser. I use an RCBS Charge Master and love it. There are more expensive ones, but this has worked very well for me. It will increase the speed of your reloading, has a built-in scale, and makes reloading less tedious/boring. Buy a quality caliper and an electric brass length sizer/cleaner/preparer. These also make reloading more enjoyable. These will be the 1st things you change if you buy a kit.

Other items like a funnel, brass holder, dies, headspace comparator, bullet comparator are all about the same in accuracy, but a huge difference in cost. Again the less expensive Lee and Hornady brands have served me well. I do not like collet dies where you have to purchase multiple sized collets for each die to adjust neck tension, etc. For me, it makes reloading unnecessarily more complicated. A full length sizing die has produced accurate ammo (neck tension) for me for over 65 years. I've witnessed many reloaders struggle with collet dies.

Enjoy your voyage.

I've been reloading for over 65 years. Started as a child with my father. If money doesn't matter, buy the most expensive to start. HOWEVER, you don't need the most expensive equipment to reload very accurate ammo. Also in my opinion, do not buy a reloading kit. You will end up replacing most of the items with better equipment that will save you time and are easier to adjust accurately.

I currently use an inexpensive Lee Turret Progressive system. It gives me 0.17 inch groups at 100 yds with a custom accurized rifle. It is an inexpensive system using interchangeable rings to screw your dies into. You can use it as a single stage system or as a progressive. I use mine as a single stage. These rings make it quick and easy to move from one cartridge to another in about 3 seconds. You buy multiple rings. Up to 4 dies (deprimer, full length, bullet seater, crimper, etc) are screwed into each ring and adjusted to length. To change to a different cartridge, just twist the ring 1/4 of a turn to remove all 4 dies at once. Then place a different ring in the press. This new ring will already have multiple dies installed that are already adjusted and you're ready to reload.

Also buy an electronic automatic powder charger instead of a manual drop dispenser. I use an RCBS Charge Master and love it. There are more expensive ones, but this has worked very well for me. It will increase the speed of your reloading, has a built-in scale, and makes reloading less tedious/boring. Buy a quality caliper and an electric brass length sizer/cleaner/preparer. These also make reloading more enjoyable. These will be the 1st things you change if you buy a kit.

Other items like a funnel, brass holder, dies, headspace comparator, bullet comparator are all about the same in accuracy, but a huge difference in cost. Again the less expensive Lee and Hornady brands have served me well. I do not like collet dies where you have to purchase multiple sized collets for each die to adjust neck tension, etc. For me, it makes reloading unnecessarily more complicated. A full length sizing die has produced accurate ammo (neck tension) for me for over 65 years. I've witnessed many reloaders struggle with collet dies.

Enjoy your voyage.
Thanks for the answer, i will keep
it in mind.
I think i have the same lee 4 turret press at my house. I used it to reload pistol ammo.

All what you said about collets sounds like arab to me 😂

In Italy i didn't find a single gunshop selling brass.. i wonder how will the situation be in 10 years from now
There's 7 RSAUM brass available from ADG if you can find someOne who can import it.

I stocked up on several hundred rounds of brass before I started my build. Got enough to last two, maybe three barrels worth.