How much difference can a trigger make?

Anyone had any experience on a set trigger. That concept interests me. The way I understand it, you click the trigger forward and now you have a really light pull weight and crisp trigger for precision needs. Or you leave as is and normal shooting at say shorter distance and to speed things up a bit a heavier pull which is safer, say 3lbs. I guess that's what I think they are, but I really don't know.
I have a good bit of experience with both double an single set triggers and I absolutely love them. For precision shooting the are pretty much a dream.

CZ makes perhaps the best factory trigger I've ever fingered in their singe set triggers.

Like anything new they take some getting used to but once you do it's hard for it not to become a life long love affair.

The set trigger on the CZ 223 American gives a whole new meaning to the word SWEET!! In normal mode its a great trigger that breaks clean but pushing the trigger forward makes for a super trigger. All that is nessisary is to think pull and it goes off in set mode.....
Depends on how you set it. They are fully adjustable. When I kick the trigger forward into set mode, I have an 8oz trigger. About 3lbs without setting it and it's still a very smooth trigger in normal mode, just the longer pull.

I'm might get a CZ 550. Are there manufacturers out there that make single set triggers for win 70, remington, savage, ruger #1, or mauser k-98? Similar to or better cz.

Thanks

I'm might get a CZ 550. Are there manufacturers out there that make single set triggers for win 70, remington, savage, ruger #1, or mauser k-98? Similar to or better cz.

Thanks
I have no experience with them personally but they are out there.

Some require some modifications to your existing receiver and are "one way" changeovers as a result.

Kepplinger has a good reputation though, that much I do know.

SINGLE-SET TRIGGER | Brownells

There are a number of options available for the Mauser.

NECG Single Set Rifle Trigger Mauser 98

RRGUNS.US HOME

Canjar made some as well but I think they are out of business. You can find their trigger units still for sale though if you do some googling around.

Broke down and bought a Jewell. Installed it today. Holy crap are they nice. I can't wait to shoot it. Probably the best upgrade I could have ever made.

Don't have any personal experience with it but here's another trigger for your consideration ...

finish-02-look-down.gif

Huber Concepts

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Don't watch the torture test video - NSFW.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.