How much can I lap my rings ?

Lap the heck out of them and bed them...
Agreed….especially concerning the bedding.

@forkedhornpete
Here's a fantastic LRH article that I 'link' quite often. Good luck. 👍

@forkedhornpete

This is the fix.

From the original poster's picture, assuming the alignment bars are 1", there is about a 1/64" misalignment. The alignment bars amplify the misalignment, so the amount of lapping necessary is probably a few thousandths of an inch. I would make sure the bases are set and torqued properly, with no visible gaps. Then lap for a few minutes and check how much progress is made. That would tell you the likelihood of success.
So much great info thanks.
Now I know why the original base only had three holes(hugnot)
I placed the 1" bar in and Incrementally tightened bases. (BobWright)Then lapped until I was about 30 minutes older including multiple checks.( Rick Richard 😂 and many others)
The results I'll put in a pic, pretty close.
Just need to shoot and see if my scope is functioning.

Attachments

• BFCE1AC6-1536-42F6-BAB4-C10449FC3B06.jpeg
    BFCE1AC6-1536-42F6-BAB4-C10449FC3B06.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

@forkedhornpete

Great Read

I'd start by taking the bottom halves off and making sure there are no burrs under them. Try reseating & retorquing them, try reversing them, try rotating either or both. Then lap it in when you get your best fit.

Not like it's a big deal-- but tally claims their rings are concentric and evenly machined and don't need lapping-- in fact if you lap them you void the warranty.

But every set of tally's I've bought, I've lapped them and they do have high spots for sure.

Only rings I have that didn't have high spots were seekins