Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

found four boxes of 7mm 162 gr eld-x at sportsmans here in oregon got them and loaded my test loads just waiting to get chance to try them.i hope they do as good as the a-max in my rem lr

found four boxes of 7mm 162 gr eld-x at sportsmans here in oregon got them and loaded my test loads just waiting to get chance to try them.i hope they do as good as the a-max in my rem lr.does anyone know the make up of the material inside the jacket?

I am starting to work up a load for the 175 eld-x in my 7mm and was wondering if the hornady likes being close to the lands or do they like more of a jump. I know the bergers like being close but the Nosler ABLR like to be around .100 off. If anyone has any knowledge on this yet please let me know.

Thanks

Not yet, I was going to start with 5 different powder weights of Retumbo in .5 gr increments at 3 different seating depths, I'll try .005, .035 & .065 and see if I get any takers on the first 15 different loads! 5 shot groups.

I am starting to work up a load for the 175 eld-x in my 7mm and was wondering if the hornady likes being close to the lands or do they like more of a jump. I know the bergers like being close but the Nosler ABLR like to be around .100 off. If anyone has any knowledge on this yet please let me know.

Thanks

IME, that is barrel entirely up to the barrel, not the bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts