Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Well, I contacted Hornady with my wishes and their response was swift and sure sounds like they are gonna have some new additions to the ELD-X & ELD Match line of bullets but not this year !
also looks like they have selected what the new offerings will be for 2017, here is the response I got from them today

"Thank you for the note and your suggestions. We're already working on new calibers and grain weights for 2017."

Thank you,

Hornady Sales Team
phone 1-800-338-3220

Wow that's great news! Thanks for contacting them and sharing Swamp!

What's an 8mm? :D

Hahaha, no kidding, right !

That's precisely what I meant, not dissin the .270's at all but dat po 'ole 8mm hasn't ever got the respect it deserves, with the addition of the 325 WSM we saw some new bullets pop up from a few makers but nothing long range worthy , Hornady used to make a decent 8mm bullet in their Spire Pt Interlock flavor at 220 grains but dropped it and severely abbreviated it to 195 gr, makes no sense at all ! Had a bunch of the 220's but down to 4 boxes .

If Hornady would make at least a 220 gr (240 gr even better) ELD-X 8mm bullet as sleek as the 212 gr 30 cal it would definately wake the sleeping giant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 88
I like what elkaholic said, makes good sense. it's fun to have the most accuracy you can get. Sometimes you're just shooting at the range anyway!

Is your last name Potterfield?:D Maybe this shipment will open the floodgates......Rich

I called Hornady on Monday and they said that they sent a shipment to Midway.Wednesday night Midway showed them to be in stock and I ordered 2 boxes to see if my gun will like them.I'm sure they sold out quick.Hornady also said that Cabelas and Dick's were getting some soon.

I called Hornady on Monday and they said that they sent a shipment to Midway.Wednesday night Midway showed them to be in stock and I ordered 2 boxes to see if my gun will like them.I'm sure they sold out quick.Hornady also said that Cabelas and Dick's were getting some soon.

Cool! I really like the way that they shoot in my 6.5's so far.

That sucks!! Midway not fulfilling back orders before offering to the rest??!! That really ****es me off!!

Customer service is getting a earful.

I got an email from Cabelas that my 175 eld-x's are shipping to the store, went over to another local sporting goods store here in Billings to find 3 boxes of the 175 eld-x's on the shelf, (first and only store to have them here) so I bought another, never can have too many! Good to see them starting to arrive for the 7MM lovers out there! Now just need them to get the 162 eld-x's going!

Just got my box of 175 7mm. Feels good to have them in hand! They sure are long suckers.

Attachments

• 20160408_134604.jpg
    20160408_134604.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160408_134255.jpg
    20160408_134255.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 88
Bonecollector, I noticed the box says 1:8.5 twist, hopefully my 1:9 works ok!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.