Hornady 143 gr ELD X Terminal Performance Report

I have some 140 ELD M in my Creedmoor I will be trying out on a cow elk this year. I'll try to post back when I get some results.

Standby for results...had a busy week this past week and didn't get a chance to load anything up. Hunting with my nephews this weekend trying to get them a buck. Will jump back on it next week and hopefully get some results!

To any one interested, I took a NH buck this morning with the 162 eld-match @ 3115 fps. The deer was at 50 yards when I shot it. Bullet entered in the rib cage and I found the bullet lodged in the hide near the hind quarter. Utter destruction in its path. Retained weight was 62.2 grains

I'm planning to run the 147 in the Creedmoor at least 2700 fps. More mass is always good thing when using a bullet that operates by shedding mass after impact.

What are you using for powder? Barrel length? In my brother's 24" bdl I get 3030 w/retumbo. and the 162 amax. I get pressure around 3070ish

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts