6.5 143 ELD-X

For those who like this bullet, I just found them in stock and Midsouth Shooters Supply.
THANKS,. Just bought some for, my 6.5 Creed !
I was going to try 140 SST's and decided that these, might be,.. Better ?
The BC is, .100 Pts,.. "Better" !
I've been Reading LOTS of, "good things" about, Terminal Performance and Accuracy !
And, my grandson made, 3 One Shot, Kills ( One / Two Hops and,.. DRT ! ) out of, his 6.5 PRC on, Deer.
Thanks, again !

Last edited:
THANKS,. Just bought some for, my 6.5 Creed !
I was going to try 140 SST's and decided that these, might be,.. Better ?
The BC is, .100 Pts,.. "Better" !
I've been Reading LOTS of, "good things" about, Terminal Performance and Accuracy !
And, my grandson made, 3 One Shot, Kills ( One / Two Hops and,.. DRT ! ) out of, his 6.5 PRC on, Deer.
Thanks, again !
The splash on both is relatovely comparable- at creed speeds to sst should have a stouter shank.
The listed bc for the sst is accurate whereas the eld-x is not.

I will have to check those BC's out,.. could Hornady be lying to us on, the ELD-X's BC ??? ,.. yikes !
I know Noslers BC's have been known to be, "suspect" ( I have, Personal Knowledge, on the .270 cal., AccuBonds ! )
The ELD-X seems to, Kill as well as, the SST does, in the reviews that, I've read.
My Grandson, had great Luck, on 3 Deer with, the X's in, the Faster, 6.5 PRC ( good Penetration, fast Kills, minimum Meat loss ).
I'm NOT using my 6.5 Creed for Elk, as I have, a .270 WSM with, Berger's for them ( Just, Deer / Antelope )

Idaho Lefty I have loaded up and shot a few hundred of these bullets in my 6.5 PRC. I like how they shoot and they seem to be accurate on the 1000 yard range I use. I have not had an opportunity to try them on deer yet (I'm becoming a poor hunter or just getting older). Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

I'm curious about meat damage. When I was a kid all my dad would use were core-lokt bullets. I never liked the size of holes those bullets left. I figured when all the work was done packing an elk or deer off the mountain I wanted to have as much meat as possible. I switched over to mono's and haven't looked back. Then came along these high BC ELDX's and I decided to give the PRC a shot. Next year I will devote more time to finding a deer for this round.

I did NOT personally "see", the 2 Black tails that were shot, on Kodiak Isle but, my grandson said there was, very little, Meat Loss and, a couple of others in his Group were shooting PRC's too with, ELD-X Factory ammo ( All, "good" Kills, W/ little, Meat damage ).
His Idaho Muley was shot at, 265 Yards, a "Boiler Room" hit and Pass thru, the "Ribs" with no meat, damage, some "Blood shot" at, rib cage area.
Couple of Hops and the Buck slid, down the Hill !
I've been studying them ( and SST's ) and, I'm going to try them, in my 6.5 Creed for, Deer. Berger's, HVLD's, Elite's and Classic Hunters, also "work" great, IF you can find some ! Now, I have to figure out, the TRUE BC of these, ELD-X, 143 grainer's, as per Andrew above, says those BC's are, wrong and not as High, as "stated" by Hornady.

Last edited:
Idaho Lefty I have loaded up and shot a few hundred of these bullets in my 6.5 PRC. I like how they shoot and they seem to be accurate on the 1000 yard range I use. I have not had an opportunity to try them on deer yet (I'm becoming a poor hunter or just getting older). Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

I'm curious about meat damage. When I was a kid all my dad would use were core-lokt bullets. I never liked the size of holes those bullets left. I figured when all the work was done packing an elk or deer off the mountain I wanted to have as much meat as possible. I switched over to mono's and haven't looked back. Then came along these high BC ELDX's and I decided to give the PRC a shot. Next year I will devote more time to finding a deer for this round.
I've shot more elk than deer with them from a creedmoor (7elk). I see the eldx takes a bashing from people but I've had nothing but Great results from the 143. The tip pops usually and the base drives deep and usually clear through.

Heart, lung, liver, or high shoulder shot and it's done with minimal meat loss.

I run the 143 ELD X in my 2 6.5 PRC's and using the Hornady 4 DOF Ballistic program is spot on for me to 800yds shoots tiny groups.

Have shot 3 deer 1 at 418 and was a perfect pass thru went 4yds. Another at 327 yds bullet in the offside hide looked a little less than mushroom some core but DRT. Now the 243 yds totally separated mid chest and just the jacket on offside hide no core at all. deer went 50 yds and then just dropped. Just what I have experienced.

I run the 143 ELD X in my 2 6.5 PRC's and using the Hornady 4 DOF Ballistic program is spot on for me to 800yds shoots tiny groups.

Have shot 3 deer 1 at 418 and was a perfect pass thru went 4yds. Another at 327 yds bullet in the offside hide looked a little less than mushroom some core but DRT. Now the 243 yds totally separated mid chest and just the jacket on offside hide no core at all. deer went 50 yds and then just dropped. Just what I have experienced.
I had one totally separate as well ath closer range....they really are an amax with a barb in them up close they really pop. But I've never shot an animal twice with one.

I've read that, the ELD-X's Copper Jacket is .037 Thick at the Base ( Shank area ) and ElD-M's are .023 thick.
The 'Nose" area of the X Bullet is tapered to the Junction of, the Shank area, so it could possibly, break off on, a High Speed "Hit" !
Curious WHAT,.. the "REAL" BC Number,.. is !

Last edited:
I've read that, the ELD-X's Copper Jacket is .037 Thick at the Base ( Shank area ) and ElD-M's are .023 thick.
The 'Nose" area of the Bullet is tapered to the Junction of, the Shank area, so it could possibly, break off on, a High Speed "Hit" !
Curious WHAT,.. the "REAL" BC Number,.. is !
I use the .315 bc and hit well at 1440. Killed elk to 515 and it popped the tip. The core and jacket drove through to hide. The elk next to it got liver hit and it was a pass through.