6.5 143 ELD-X

Taken a number of whitetail at 200-300 yards with 270 140SST mv 3100fps, devastating wound channels and pass through. One 270 ELD-X at 350 yards complete pass through from the back of rib cage to off side shoulder. I would be comfortable with either bullet.

My Savage BA 10/110 in 6.5 CM loves the 143 ELD-X. I've used it for three years now on deer. While my experienced is somewhat mixed, none ran more than 30 yards. Most just DRT. Little to no damage to meat - aim is important - generally aim for the boiler room. All in All, I and my Savage love them.

Covid doe.jpg

143 eldx recovered both.png

My 2021 doe hunt from a month back. I had wicked bad Covid during the hunt and didn't know it till I got home. I was a little wiped out and disoriented, so I didn't take my normal autopsy photos.

Bullet entered just behind her right shouder and was recovered just under far side hyde at rear of ribs.

One shot stop. Odd/unexpected bullet shape on recovery, but it certainly did it's job.

I was turned on to the 143 Eld X on here for my 6.5 Creed. Best thing I've done. Extremely accurate and great performance on whitetail. Shot two deer, one shot each, and very little meat loss. Unfortunately Midsouth is already sold out.