6.5 143 ELD-X

This is some great data from experience. That's what I like to see. Thanks gents. If anybody gets true BC's I would be interested in learning about it. Thanks to everyone so far. I appreciate the information.

Been using for 3 years from 6.5 PRC @3020 fps. Most every shot close 150 yds and closer the core comes out of cup, lots of frag. But every animal has died. 200yds and beyond nice mushrooms if I find the bullet most are passthroughs. BC's are true and on, based on my calculator and drops to 700yds.

Last edited:
I run them in my sons 6.5 Creedmoor and my 6.5PRC. Both do the trick on Javelina, coyotes, hogs, whitetails, and mule deer. Also took a couple impala with the 6.5 Creed in Africa and it did the trick there as well. Never more than 1 shot needed and they track well out to 1000 in both rifles.

Mule deer in my profile picture was taken with one out of the 6.5PRC at 150 yards. He dropped like a ton of bricks

Been using for 3 years from 6.5 PRC @3020 fps. Most every shot close 150 yds and closer the core comes out of cup, lots of frag. But every animal has died. 200yds and beyond nice mushrooms if I find the bullet most are passthroughs. BC's are true and on, based on my calculator and drops to 700yds.
Agreed for, the PRC they are, a bit Fragile, up close with, that much, Velocity !
Hoping that, they will be Perfect for, the lower Velocity of, the 6.5 Creed. ( both, the SST's and ELD-X's "look good" at these, LOWER Velocities ! )
My grandsons 3 Deer were from, 230 to 465 yards so, NO "Issues" for, him.
I don't worry that, much about Jacket and Core "separation" as they are usually found, close together AFTER they have done, their "Job".

Idaho Lefty I have loaded up and shot a few hundred of these bullets in my 6.5 PRC. I like how they shoot and they seem to be accurate on the 1000 yard range I use. I have not had an opportunity to try them on deer yet (I'm becoming a poor hunter or just getting older). Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

I'm curious about meat damage. When I was a kid all my dad would use were core-lokt bullets. I never liked the size of holes those bullets left. I figured when all the work was done packing an elk or deer off the mountain I wanted to have as much meat as possible. I switched over to mono's and haven't looked back. Then came along these high BC ELDX's and I decided to give the PRC a shot. Next year I will devote more time to finding a deer for this round.
It's a great round and my Bergara Premier Pro 6.5PRC really likes the 143 ELD-X's with 55.6 grains of Reloader 26 .It's pushing them at 3115 fps.
I do t shoot at the just behind the shoulders anymore. It messes up too much meat.I now shoot just behind the head .I'm not a Horn Hunter anymore.Strictly like to hunt and want the meat.
Best of Luck to You.
And Merry Christmas

Idaho Lefty I have loaded up and shot a few hundred of these bullets in my 6.5 PRC. I like how they shoot and they seem to be accurate on the 1000 yard range I use. I have not had an opportunity to try them on deer yet (I'm becoming a poor hunter or just getting older). Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

I'm curious about meat damage. When I was a kid all my dad would use were core-lokt bullets. I never liked the size of holes those bullets left. I figured when all the work was done packing an elk or deer off the mountain I wanted to have as much meat as possible. I switched over to mono's and haven't looked back. Then came along these high BC ELDX's and I decided to give the PRC a shot. Next year I will devote more time to finding a deer for this round.
Work beautiful on deer. We've taken several. Farthest 480 yards to date. Black Bear another 5 out to 280 yards. Minimal damage, I don't shoot shoulders, so I can't comment here as to damage....

Curious, elk 'next to it' also hit… was it behind the one shot or did the bullet literally go 90 degrees off the POA from the impact? If so, that's a little concerning.

I find the bc on the 143 and the 147 to be real close to what is stated. There are lots of variables to what your actual bc will be. Speed and barrel twist for starters. I shoot the 147s for 1000 yard br and find them at .690 for me. But even if i put them at .697 its still real close at 1000 yards. I use the 147s for deer in my saum at 3200 fps and they have been great. A few friends of mine are using the 143 in creeds and have had all 1 shot kills. Both bullets are very accurate and seem to kill just fine.
Shep

@ 25WSM,..
Good to know, on "How" they work in 6.5 Creed's and that, the BC's are correct,.. Thanks !
So, the 143 ELD-X is, .620 ish G-1 and .350 ish G-7,.. correct ?

Curious, elk 'next to it' also hit… was it behind the one shot or did the bullet literally go 90 degrees off the POA from the impact? If so, that's a little concerning.
1027171735c.jpg

Pass through on both at 515. Recoverd 1 mushroom on the big ones hide.

Good shooting guys !
Nothing better than,.. ELK for, Dinner !
And to know that, the 6.5 Creed / ELD-X, combo is, GOOD to go at, 500 ish on, Elk !

Last edited: