143 gr hammer hunter report

I've been to Africa for several safaris. Those ranges seem odd as I've hunted and my longest shot was about 500 yards. If so good shooting
ive been 25 times now. different area provide very different opportunities. kimberly, limpopo, kwazulu natal, bethlehem provide very different shooting opportunities. you sound skeptical, no skin of my nose. my ph , tracker, hunting partner were all present. your opinion is irrelevant here, on this particular topic, ie. my shooting. type of terrain.

195 bergers kill, but dont exit! shot sable, warthog, eland, roan, kudu , from 150 to about 600. no exits!
Ditto. That's the sort of bullet I'm looking for, kills humanely, stays inside and doesn't blow an exit hole the size of a dinner plate ruining the meat. I'm happy with the Berger type bullet construction what ever the brand. The guys at Hammer are to be congratulated for their work on bullet design and if they suit your hunting needs then go for it.

Holy cow did I chose the wrong profession.... or you live in a town with some really messed up teeth.
Great report by the way !
everyone thinks africa is so expensive, its not. you can do an eight day plains game hunt, tips, airfare, for about 6k. now, if you want big five, very different. over a 41 year time in practice and still working at almost 72 its my passion. put it on your bucket list. youll never be sorry.

In fps with the 143 in a 280 Ackley? I am pushing mine hard to get 3250 fps with 140 gr VLDs out of a 26" barrel. What am I missing?

The theory is that Absolute Hammers produce less friction and/or engraving pressure in the bore due to a relief groove machined into the bullet where the ogive would normally be.

Check out this thread:

I'm shooting 140gr Absolutes in a 280rem, 24"bbl 3240fps. Nothing fancy - H4350, WLR primer.

People talk about how great they are here;

And

Great shooting @tooth doc thanks for sharing with us!