Homogenous copper bullets can be inhumane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article and don't think it's anything new. The consensus is for copper bullets, keep the speed up by dropping the bullet weight down. This has been advocated by proponents and opponents of mono bullets. Attached is an excerpt from the article.

"In the absence of high velocity (hydraulic force potential) the bullet must shed weight in order to maximize wounding. If the bullet cannot shed weight, the wound channel may be very narrow and proportionate to the 'expanded caliber of the bullet'. Narrow, proportionate to caliber wounds can produce very slow and inhumane kills."

Hopefully this reduces the dumpster fire this thread could start.

Definitely interesting and worth considering when choosing your bullets for hunting. Not all mono's are created equal. The good news is there are responsible and intelligent people out there working hard to develop mono's that overcome the inherent issues of this bullet. There are also responsible hunters on this forum that don't get caught up in the marketing hype and continuously seek to fully understand the true performance of bullets on the treasured game we are hunting.

I'm curious about when this article was written. I also noticed that at the bottom of the article it lists organizations that have used Mr. Foster's research, and there is a big LRH Forum logo there.

That was very interesting indeed. I have not used Copper bullets as of yet, mostly due to having a large supply of Hornady, Sierra Speer and Nosler bullets. I understand if I use homogenous bullets to go to a lighter bullet with higher velocity. I do plan to try some copper bullets in the future, so those of you with kills tell me if I am wrong.

That was very interesting indeed. I have not used Copper bullets as of yet, mostly due to having a large supply of Hornady, Sierra Speer and Nosler bullets. I understand if I use homogenous bullets to go to a lighter bullet with higher velocity. I do plan to try some copper bullets in the future, so those of you with kills tell me if I am wrong.
Not wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.