Holy crap I can shoot 1000 yards with a pellet rifle now.

Deviant

Check this out I found Creedmoor pellets. I will now be able to shoot .5 MOA all day long out to 1000 yards now. This will be a much cheaper way to bang steel and I can probably kill an elk at 800 yards too.
20190528_201404.jpg

Only reason people don't like the creedmore usually has to do with accurate shot placement at long range, and feel they can't hit an animal to take it down unless using a shoulder cannon. Kinda like saying you can't kill a deer over 75 yards with a .223 which is another fairy tail. But hey if ya can't shoot great, go big bore and be good enough lol

Seriously I feel like I do some long range .177 pellet work to about 110 yards.
That referenced Creedmore pellet weighs about 8gr but I have found a 16gr .177
pellet with far better BC and I would say the drop at 110 yds is about one third of
the light pellets. I try to harass crows that are molesting and stalking my baby ducks across the pond. About one out of 15 shots I actually hit a crow. The pellets I use are "Exact Beast Diablo" 16.2gr. For a brake barrel magnum pellet gun this feels like 1000 yards. I don't know the muzzle velocity but the heavy pellet takes it sub sonic and it is of course a lot quieter than light weight pellets super sonic which sounds like a 22 rimfire. I use an 8X AO scope and I would guess that I am shooting about 6 or 8 inch groups at 110 yds. Shooting over water is really fantastic because you can shoot
at the far shoreline and dial your scope in by watching the splashes etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.