650 yards is as far as I can find to shoot.

dieselgeek

400, then 500 and yesterday I found a spot where I can ring a gong at 650 yards.

This was the best I could get of the view. We held the phone up to the spotting scope to get the best view of the target. When it came time to shoot we were not recording though the scope though. My buddy I had w/ me it was both of our frist times to shoot this far. Any one know where in the DFW area I can shoot further than 650? This is nice shooting at this gong, but I can only do it if no one else is at this spot shooting. That and I can't see if I'm grouping etc etc.

YouTube - Remington 700 VTR at 650 yards

400 you can hear it and see it explode into the dirt though the spotting scope.

YouTube - Remington 700 VTR and .300 Whisper

Give them a call.

NORTH TEXAS RIFLE PRECISION

Tell Jay I said Hi and MP's still suck. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. Wow I don't know how I forgot about that. The M&P is my buddies, and that's him shooting it. I think it's a pretty alright gun, but the **** thing has NO trigger reset. I guess I'm becoming an HK snob. I just have HKs ang Glocks for pistols.

I carry Glock's and 1911's. :)

My MP reference was to "Military Police". I was an Infantryman and Jay was an MP and we were both enlisted about the same time frame, sorry for the confusion. :D

There's also Tiger Valley between Waco and Fairfield. I know they run matches there, but I don't know about general shooting.

I've shot at Badlands Training facility in OK, but I don't know exactly how far that is from Dallas. Bobby Whittington is the real deal and a heck of fine gentleman as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.