help which twist?

fisherman98

hey guys i'm about t rebarrel my 30-06 with a Bertlein barrel the only thing is i don't know what twist i should use. I hunt deer but i also enjoy to shoot. Most of my shots will be less than 800 yards( i don't have access to greater distances here). What twist would yall suggest im new to all this long range.

hey guys i'm about t rebarrel my 30-06 with a Bertlein barrel the only thing is i don't know what twist i should use. I hunt deer but i also enjoy to shoot. Most of my shots will be less than 800 yards( i don't have access to greater distances here). What twist would yall suggest im new to all this long range.

I recomend a 1 in 10 for the 30/06 . It will handle all of the bullet weights.

J E CUSTOM

Yep, a 1-10" twist is probably best.
Some 308 guys use 1-12" though for sub 200 grain bullets and they do well.
I've had 4 30-06 and all had 1-10" twist

i though about the 1-10 but i don't think ill need it, I'm mostly shooting at the max like 200 grains, so i was looking at a 1-11 or maybe even 1-12? i don't see any need to go that heavy for anything up to 800 yds and just target and deer hunting, but then again I'm new so I'm looking to see what yall think

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts