Help needed finding sleek, lightweight chassis system

Jmatt

Gentlemen, I've been trying to find a unicorn: a lightweight, sleek, fully enclosed or at least three quarter enclosed forearm, modular chassis system in a bolt action platform. It seems that most systems weigh 10 pounds(Ruger, Tikka, Remington, etc...) I'm looking for something in the 6.5 to 7 pound range that's not too bulky. I have handled some rifles that fit the bill, but they are semi auto. For instance, a Black Rain Ordinance 5.56 I handled is 7.3 lbs and feels really good in the hand. How do I get a chassis like that in a bolt action? I know that Christensen Arms makes a lightweight precision rifle but is that the only option out there? Any suggestions?

Have you looked at the XLR Element? Doesn't check all of your boxes, but it's the lightest I'm aware of

Here is a Magnesium version at 28 oz. complete chassis:
upload_2019-12-11_15-49-28.png

Defensive edge MPH.
Wow. That's definately a step in the right direction. Apparently, chasing weight reduction in a rifle is like chasing speed in a car: "How fast can you afford to go." I'm finding barreled actions mostly in the 4.5 lb range, leaving about 2 to 2.5 lbs for the chassis.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.