need help finding stock

1tonpower

i am plaining to over haul my markV. it has a 6 lug bolt and is chambered in 308 win. i am going to stay with the 308. i plain on sending it to hart for the re-barrel. unless someone can give me a reason i should look else were. im going with a 24" #4 contour barrel with 10 twist.

my problem lays with the stock. currently my rifle is wearing a molded peace of plastic. it needs to be changed. i like the look of the McMillan A2 but from there site the stock is going to set me back 500$ or so. and the work from hart is 650 (price is from there site). id rather get a less expensive stock now rather them cheep out on the barrel. i figure it will be easy to restock down the road.

does anyone else make a stock like the A2 for my action. if not should go ahead with the re-barrel then save money for the stock.

I believe that McMillan stopped making stocks for the 6 lug Weatherby action. I would definitely contact them if you're interested and find out for sure.

Bell & Carlson will have some, but with the 6 lug your options are small.

My hunch would be that if you call McMillan they would inlet one for you...it's hard to believe that barrel is shot out.

TC

My hunch would be that if you call McMillan they would inlet one for you...it's hard to believe that barrel is shot out.

TC

not shot out..i had a problem with humidity in my safe and the barrel rusted, its funny this was the only rifle effected. ive tried about everything to bring it back looking down the tube to can see it is pitted.

to save on coast it looks like the Bell & Carlson will be my best bet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.