Lightweight Rifle Chassis Systems

375rifleman

Hello I was just wondering if anyone uses lightweight rifle chassis systems for long range and extended long range shooting/hunting ? Thanks in advance for any thoughts, opinions, and answers.

The MDT LSS is about as light as they come.....

IMG_9068_zpsxgwwgn4v.jpg

Thanks for the information I was just wondering if either of you have personally or know anyone who has used a MDT LSS or XLR Carbon Chassis for long range or extended long range shooting/hunting.

Not meaning to be nosey huntsman22 but what action, what cartridge, and at what distance, were the coyotes and prairie dogs at ? What was the percieved accurracy of your rifle system and how did it work as a hunting platform for you ?

375, the coyote was only about 350 yds. I know, not that far.....But a few prairie dogs past 600 shows me it ain't half bad for a Ruger American Predator 6.5 creed in a LSS.

IMG_8984_zpsyhdxxou1.jpg

IMG_8917_zpseuura6dn.jpg

IMG_8967_zpstzleieft.jpg

Thanks huntsman22 for your information I greatly appreciate it. Now I just need to continue making or rather assembling the 'rifle' part of the system I'm using a Remington 700 300 Ultra Mag Action rechambered for 338 Edge Ackley Improved using a 16.5" (I might change the barrel length before I actually contact Pac Nor) 1" diameter cylinder contour Pac Nor barrel a AAC or Surefire Suppressor and AICS magazines.

Thanks for the information I was just wondering if either of you have personally or know anyone who has used a MDT LSS or XLR Carbon Chassis for long range or extended long range shooting/hunting.

I have not used the carbon model. I have the Evolution HD on a Bat 1.55"X8.5" receiver. It is very comfortable I really like the the AR grip and cheek rest. Also it has an adjustable butplate with an excellent recoil pad. These are important feature's to me for incline shots and shooting low and solid off the ground while keeping the but stock centered and comfortable on your shoulder.

QUOTE=FEENIX;1184919]I originally considered the carbon (as well as MDT's LSS) for my current project built (for LRH but not for lightweight) but went with the element instead. It's 4 ounces heavier but it's $458 more wallet friendlier.:):D:cool:[/QUOTE]

I've been looking at the element for a while now for my .223. What are your thoughts on it?

[How well do these stocks work for offhand shooting as well as standing Bog Pod tripod supported shooting? I hunt in western Montana and am building a dual purpose rifle. Large game and range work? Thanks, Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.