Help between remington spa 700 or longrangeshootingforum 700

Newbweatherby

Hi iam afraid iam opening a can of worms here but my faithful remington 700 classic in 300 Weatherby nasca Co e to an end the magazine well is cracked the bolt release is worn and the bolt flies out the barrel is worn.So I have co.e down 2 only 2 choices I can get the this time through Garza fore arm financing and these are the only 2 i am able to get is either the stainless steel sps 26" or the long range (blued only)in u0p 300 RUM. So these are the only 2 i can get it k ow savage makes uncatologued 112 and winchester has the model 70 but these 2 remmys are all i can get so which would be better for hunting1st and shooting 2nd.
Thanks in advance .

Well iam not going to shoot it any longer I was looking at either anew sps stainless or a blued longrangeshootingforum 700 but wht is the difference between the two besides the light gray range having a heavier bull barrel?

Well iam not going to shoot it any longer I was looking at either anew sps stainless or a blued longrangeshootingforum 700 but wht is the difference between the two besides the light gray range having a heavier bull barrel?
The machining and tolerances on the SPS models are usually terrible. Assuming you are talking about buying one of Len's rifles they are going to be a much, much higher quality rifle.

Being in Arizona though I can't understand why you say these are your only two available options.

Hi wild rose,yhe reason being iam going through Gary Garza firearms finances through military financing and his 300 ultramag are pretty limited so do you thing the long range in a blues series is a better bet?

weight helps with long range shooting. the rem 700 long range is heavy. the sps stainless is a lighter sporter weight

Hi wild rose,yhe reason being iam going through Gary Garza firearms finances through military financing and his 300 ultramag are pretty limited so do you thing the long range in a blues series is a better bet?
If he's a stocking Remington authorized dealer he should be able to get you any of the Remington products.

The LR's have had some workmanship issues too so they are a bit of a crap shoot.

Talk to him and see about whether or not he can get you one of the Gen 2 5R's in 300wm.

If he can't, I'd go with the LR over the SPS but it would not be my first choice.

Re: Help between remington spa 700 or longrangeshootingforum

Thank put Wildhorse I really wanted to go with the run if i wanted to i could go with the mark v accumark in 300-378 but I don't anticipate to spend that much and iam tired of dealing with freebore issues on weatherby my sons model 70 light weight barell has all 3 hole in a clover leaf at 100 yards s regardless handloads qor factory loads no e even over 3/4 " so iam going ro stick the rum my 300 be really fell Part at the last trip ow I need help with a 1 piece mounting base and some goodb1' rings

If you really want to stick with the Rum look at the Sendero.

I have a model 70 300 Rum that is ridiculously accurate as well which makes almost no sense since it's just a standard factory model M70 Classic Stainless. It shot right around MOA even in the factory stock and when I put it in a McMillan fiberglass it just got better.

I have two Model 700 300 Rum Senderos that shoot very well too and nearly everyone I've know that had a similar model was very happy with it.

If money is tight, I'd take your current rifle apart and learn how to clean the bolt release so it functions properly. Very easy to clean and adjust. I see 300 winchester takeoff barrels cheap all the time. Have one of those screwed on and get your existing stock glass bedded or better yet, for $20, learn how to bed it yourself off a youtube video.

Example of barrel for sale cheap.
Remington 700 SPS Factory Take Off Barrel 300 Winchester Magnum 26" | eBay

lightbulbSorry if it's off track but you got me interested, please elaborate the military financing ... it might be something I can pass on to my young airmen.lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.