Remington 700 Trigger Help

mooretitan

I really need your guys help. I have worked on 5 of my 700 triggers and have had no problems getting set right.
Since this is my slow time of the year i decided to finish lightening my last 700 a 35 Whelen. I got the trigger set where i wanted it and applied a small amount of nail polish to remind myself that i worked on it.
Now here is the problem. When I cycle the bolt everything is smooth, when I pull the trigger the bolt becomes very sticky and hard to cycle. Once it is lifted its easy to cycle again until the trigger is pulled again. I am not a pro but like to try and learn things on my own. So if anyone can help it would be great.
I have a 30-06 700 bolt and i cycled it through the whelen if no problems. I cycled the whelen bolt in the 06 and ran into the same sticky bolt problem when the trigger is pulled.

Once we have this problem solved I have one more
In trying to figure what was going on I took out the trigger pull screw and the one above it. I believe its the engagement one. When I went to put them back in the trigger pull went in fine. The engagement one would only screw back in half way.

Sorry for screwing up. If someone could help I would be very thankful.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.