Remington 700 recall: timney trigger?

I have three Timney's installed in my boys and my 700's. All function perfectly. I only had to grind a small relief in the factory stock for clearance.

Before I heard of the recall my Remington 700 discharged on its own when sliding the safety to fire with no finger on the trigger. It was only a year out of the box. Remington wanted me to send the whole rifle back and get it replaced with another x Mark pro. Something to me personally didn't feel right about sending my rifle back. I chose to replace the trigger with a Timney and while at it swapped the factory stock with an HS Precision. I had a gunsmith do it and he said he had to file it down a little but other than that it fit great. This was done recently but so far I really like the feel of the Timney. It's wider than the factory trigger and very crisp.

"they failed", that is such a detailed explanation of the problem, why ask for more information?

That being said, I have used Timney Triggers since the mid 1980's on several builds and currently have a 700 LA, 338 RUM with one installed. I have not had a single issue with them, ever.

The company has been around since 1946, I bet they would love to hear from an unhappy customer.

Timney Triggers is dedicated to ensuring our customers a lifetime of hassle-free shooting enjoyment. That is evident in the last step of the manufacturing process, when each trigger is hand-assembled, tested, and hand-calibrated for the specific firearm model it's intended for by our expert technicians before it's delivered to the customer's door. Timney Triggers is proud to offer a no-hassle, lifetime warranty on all of our products and each trigger is proudly Made in the USA.
I'd like to hear if anyone has put their warranty to the test. They cannot possibly have as dismal a warranty as Filson. When I sent their Chinese made crap back, they refused to do anything.

My rem 700 has a timeny installed by redhawk rifles. I've never had troubles with it but I've only had the rifle 6 months. 400 or so rounds down the tube sofar.

I have a x-mark, a timney, and a jewel.

Jewel is the nicest trigger i have ever pulled, but the timney has been good to me as well. Never had a problem with any of them but im pretty lucky too.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.