Timney trigger for remington advice

I'm not understanding what you find hard to adjust? It's one Allen screw with a locknut on it.

The timney requires you to pull the action out of the stock to adjust it and when adjusting sear engagement often tightening the lock nut will move the adjusting screw.
Sometimes you will end up doing this multiple times. The jewel is adjustable 3 ways through the trigger guard and does not use lock nuts which eliminates both issues i had with the timney. The timney isnt that difficult its just the jewel is way easier.

I dont know how I feel about filing the trigger guard...it is stainless but it is kind of a powdered stainless look(I cant really explain it) I am worried that by filingit, it would be really noticeable. How much did you have to file off? For me, it is a brand new 1000 dollar rifle, so spending 230 on a jewel trigger that will fit directly versus 130 for a timney that may need to be filed...I might simply buy the jewel trigger. Unfortunately...the jewel triggers I found were on ebay...is their another name they are under or something?

The section on the trigger guard that needs to be filed is not visible at all after assembly and only about 1/16" surface area that has to be filed. Mine is the same finish as yours and the area filed even when looking at it directly, before assembly, was unnoticeable, if your give it a few swipes of fine Emory cloth.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.