Remingtons new adjustable trigger vs a timney trigger.

garyx

Just bought a remington 700 with remingtons adjustable trigger. Is there a big difference between this and the timney trigger. How hard would it be to replace this with a timney trigger? The remington trigger dosent feel consistent to me.

Just bought a remington 700 with remingtons adjustable trigger. Is there a big difference between this and the timney trigger. How hard would it be to replace this with a timney trigger? The remington trigger dosent feel consistent to me.
It sucks, it sucks, and it also really sucks. This is the third generation of the pro mark 10. I am assuming you are talking about the one with the little Allen screw in the heel of the trigger. As far as the timmney, they are awesome. I don't know your abilities, but they are not difficult to replace or install. If you have ANY doubt, have a smith do it. Timmny is anise trigger, jewel triggers are THEE best. ANY of those two are better than the one you have . Swap out that trigger, you won't be sorry. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. lightbulb 7STW

The new Remington triggers are a improvement over the last ones but not as good as the old
40 X triggers of old. But they are still factory triggers and are not as crisp as most after market
triggers.

I have had good luck with them after honing the sear surfaces, but if you don't know the proper
angles you can destroy them.

They will adjust down to less than 2 pounds but I would recomend 2.5 lbs for safety with the
Remington. but with the Jewell and Timney weight is not an issue.

J E CUSTOM

Timney is mucho better than the new stock Rem. trigger. If you have some mechanical ability the swap is very easy. I use them on my Rems. set about 2 to 2.25 pounds and they work well. Your groups should tighten up immediately upon first range trip with the timney.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.