Help between remington spa 700 or longrangeshootingforum 700

Well i dont know if this is good news nor ot but my brother in law found a new A&B 24" barrel for 75.00$ and picked it up for me and its the only option i can afcord .I have read reviews where the A&B barrel is poor qualiy ,very rough and fouls easliy.
But on a fixed income and stacking medical bills thats what iam stuck with.
Does any one gave any iseas i can try to smooth out the bore such as possibly using flitz polish?

Well i dont know if this is good news nor ot but my brother in law found a new A&B 24" barrel for 75.00$ and picked it up for me and its the only option i can afcord .I have read reviews where the A&B barrel is poor qualiy ,very rough and fouls easliy.
But on a fixed income and stacking medical bills thats what iam stuck with.
Does any one gave any iseas i can try to smooth out the bore such as possibly using flitz polish?
Before committing to that why don't you have your gunsmith give your current rifle a hard look and see what it would cost to get it up to snuff. It might well save you a new barrel and the expense of buying new very expensive factory RUM ammunition or very expensive, frequently hard to come by Rum Brass along with the cost of new dies etc.

Before committing to that why don't you have your gunsmith give your current rifle a hard look and see what it would cost to get it up to snuff. It might well save you a new barrel and the expense of buying new very expensive factory RUM ammunition or very expensive, frequently hard to come by Rum Brass along with the cost of new dies etc.

Wildeose great feedback ,i ll hopefully get i my rifle in this weekens if i have time ,as far as the RUM my son has a real nice Winchester model 70 (with feed control mauser 98 type action) stainless steel and i bought him some RCBs dies and 2#s of retumbo ,i also have some 7828 for mine as well of h4831 but as you said the Rum would run 700.00 and even financed at 55.00 a month i cant do it now

Wildeose great feedback ,i ll hopefully get i my rifle in this weekens if i have time ,as far as the RUM my son has a real nice Winchester model 70 (with feed control mauser 98 type action) stainless steel and i bought him some RCBs dies and 2#s of retumbo ,i also have some 7828 for mine as well of h4831 but as you said the Rum would run 700.00 and even financed at 55.00 a month i cant do it now
I'm giving a lot of thought to switching barrels on one of my Rum's to see which shoots best. One is a Krieger Sendero Clone, the other is a little lighter Benchmark if I remember right.

Either way, I'll probably have a spare barrel at some point in the next few months so if you can tread water for a few months I may be of some help.

In the short term though I think your money would best be sent just getting your current rifle thoroughly cleaned and checked. Unless you're really hammering on one it's hard to shoot them out.

Well i had it since 19i9 when Remington made that year they made the remington classi i have shot alot the heck put of it and about 10 years ago when i was still in avaition maintenece i brought home some calibarted ball gauges and read the barrel lands at the front end and i got a reading of .30895 and since i began handloading ive run about 50 rounds a month for the last 5 years .
As far as being in a rush iam not at all.Ive got more time than money.

Well i had it since 19i9 when Remington made that year they made the remington classi i have shot alot the heck put of it and about 10 years ago when i was still in avaition maintenece i brought home some calibarted ball gauges and read the barrel lands at the front end and i got a reading of .30895 and since i began handloading ive run about 50 rounds a month for the last 5 years .
As far as being in a rush iam not at all.Ive got more time than money.
Fifty rounds a month really isn't much particularly if you don't shoot it hot and keep on shooting.

With your financial limitations I think you'd be way ahead just taking it to a competent gunsmith, telling him/her your concerns and let them clean it thoroughly and check it out.

I've got an early nineties model 7mm STW that I was convinced based on what I read about barrel life and the STW it must be on the verge of being shot out at a minimum so I had a gunsmith check it out. What did he find? He found that even though I'd put more than a thousand rounds down the tube he figured I had over half my barrel's accurate life left.

Thanks wildrose and Bucklowery i really apriciTe the offer i couldnt go wrong with either but i think i will take wildrose's adviceand take it take my Bee to a
Gunsmith double check it as was stated earlier by wildrose i may have a perfectly good barrel. But please hold on the the barrels incase the smith gives me some bad news.
Thank you both it is sincerely appreciated

Thank you wild rise and tomlowert i appreiciate your offers and the only reason i put that iam on a fixed income is because some one always chimes and and says for a cohple hundre more you can get anew barrel .made of unobtanium which i cant affor obviously you all have a good night1

Thank you wild rise and tomlowert i appreiciate your offers and the only reason i put that iam on a fixed income is because some one always chimes and and says for a cohple hundre more you can get anew barrel .made of unobtanium which i cant affor obviously you all have a good night1
Think nothing of it. Many of us are riding along there with you in the same budget boat. Over the years our fellow forum members have given me some truly great deals on everything from reloading components to guns, gun parts, optics, you name it so if and when I come up with anything I've decided I have no need for or just need to make room I try to do the same.

Let us know how things go with the Gunsmith and then we'll go about figuring out a way to make things work for you.

This osbtruly a great forum and when i first joined a good man helped me out , and the only reason i said I was on a fixed income was too often some one says " for a few more $$ you can get this or that and soon you are hundreds or thousands off your initial budget.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.