Hand primer

I have worn out one Lee and been using the second one for about 10 years. See no need to look elsewhere.:D

I have used the Hornady one and didn't get good results, Primers didn't seat far enough for some reason. I just went to the RCBS universal hand primer and love it. So much better feel and easily seats the primers. Also not needing shell holders for the universal is great!

I have always used Lee hand primers. I had the older, circular model, and I loved it. When it finally broke after thousands of rounds primed, I opted to go with the new square Lee hand primer. It can be frustrating at times, make sure that the second up is in good position, but I feel as though I can seat the primers with good feel. I was just putting some CCI LR primers in some nickle .22-250 and it was tight, but I could feel when it was bottomed out. Nice and tight as well.

I will say the new square Lee set is pretty nice in the respect that you change complete trays. There is no need to have to change priming pins or anything, as they are self contained in the tray now. And the square shape makes for dumping half a box of primers in your tray awfully easy.

Just my thoughts on it. Shoot straight.

-shm

Lee!
I have an old round model that I bought sometime in the late 80,s it is still going strong. Don't ask how many primers it has seated I could not answer, cant even estimate

Well the new Lee is not working well for me at all. I used to do all my priming on the press and had little problem until the thing just died. I then went with the new Lee hand primer and have had nothing but problems. I get double primer feeds the lop lifts and primers get under it and dump all over the shop floor. It's a real pita. That being said for the most part I have had good luck with Lee stuff in the past. i bought the new case trimmer and had nothing but problems. Bought another and it didn't work. I can't justify 100 bucks for a hand primer so I think I will go with the RCBS. Just picked up tthe RCBS trimmer with the 3 cutter head and it's perfect. I trimmed 1000 cases quickly and accurately. I didn't even use the drill attachment and it was no problem at all. Hope the hand primer works just as well we will see.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts