WTK: Best Hand Primer

I use the RCBS hand primer. Have used it for a very long time, and works great. I like that I don't have to touch individual primers becuase they feed from a flip tray.

The 21st Century click adjustable is what I would use if I wanted to upgrade to a more precise handheld.

I have a CPS but still use the RCBS for some things. It works more than well enough for the majority of shooting that I load in small batches for. You won't catch me loading 400x 223AIs for P-Dogs using the RCSB but for quickly loading up 20 more 30-06 rounds to smoke whitetail and pigs with it's more than good enough. Basically if primer seating tuning would make a smaller difference than some other step of the process (using an FL die, not cleaning brass, measuring powder with a scoop, etc) there's no benefit from it. Different ways of loading for different goals.

Last edited:
Hunt n pack, how are the primers feed in that system?
Primers are single loaded by hand.
Thin Latex gloves work fine.

I use a pair of tweezers. Works Great.
Orient the primers on a paper towel open side up & go to work. Easy smooth process.

I can process a fair amount in short order, & the priming tool is very comfortable to use.
My hand doesn't get fatigued at all.

Just press the handle till it bottoms out against the tool body. It's a consistent positive stop.
Has click adjust for .001 per click depth control.

High Quality machined parts.

K&M is the best "hand priming tool" you can buy. I have 2 RCBS hand primers, the early version that uses a shell holder and the Universal. I have the K&M, but with my damaged hands, I prefer the bench mounted CPS system. I can no longer use a hand primer for anything but 44 mag priming…

Cheers.

I have the CPS (2-3 years) and I love it, but it is a luxury priced item.
I also have the Frankford (7+ years) it is the best hand prime tool without having to touch the primers
I have the 21st century (5 years) it is better than the FA, but it's single load.
I have also owned the Hornady, RCBS, and lee- all have been re-homed as they are not in the same class as the ones above.

These are 2 I have and both work fine.

These are 2 I have and both work fine.

My bad the FA only fills tubes.