WTK: Best Hand Primer

md66948

I am thinking about going to a hand primer system when I use my T7 press and doing away with the Redding drop tube priming system.

Can you give me a few recommendations on a good hand priming system? I am looking at RCBS but I would like to hear from you all on your experiences and opinions.

Thanks

Dane

I am thinking about going to a hand primer system when I use my T7 press and doing away with the Redding drop tube priming system.

Can you give me a few recommendations on a good hand priming system? I am looking at RCBS but I would like to hear from you all on your experiences and opinions.

Thanks

Dane
Look at the Frankfurt Arsenal hand prime. I've been using mine for years fairly cheap price comes with a wide assortment of shell holders, and it has an adjustable depth setting. Comes with a loading tray so no one at a time also will do large and small primers.
image.jpg
image.jpg

IMG_6012.jpeg

Hands Down The Best
Handheld Priming Tool I've Used. !!
Quality "Precision Machined" Tool.
Controlled Depth Adjustment.

Last edited:

Thanks

Dane
RCBS will work. I have one, and it has served me well throughout the years. I also others, including the Frankford Arsenal the others are recommending.

Don't wanna cause any friction Len, but this tool is very expensive and not a hand primer which is what the OP asked about.
Bill no friction. Yes I read the OPs Post about a "Hand Primer". We have an RCBS Hand Primer and used it for many years. Works good but try doing several hundred cases at a time. Wears out your hand. Switched to the RCBS "Automatic Priming Tool". Much easier on the hands. Then looked into the CPS and talked with Greg and was convinced and got a good deal so went to the CPS. BEST Primer I ever used. Welll worth the money if you are doing a lot of reloading and want consistency. If you are only doing reloading for hunting and not doing hundreds at a time maybe the CPS is not for you due to cost. BUT it sure is easy on your hands and wrists and can seat a primer consistently if you are doing precise loads.

Keep in mind that almost all priming systems rely on the rim of the case to set the depth and amount of crush. Does anyone measure the variations in the rims ? Take a look at the 4 minute mark test results, might be something to think about;