WTK: Best Hand Primer

RCBS with universal case holder. I've used this thing for years and never needed anything different except when I load on my Dillion which is part of the progressive system anyways. Takes about one minute to change to the other primer size.
I have 2 550's for that reason. 1 setup for small and 1 for large primers.
1701996820304.png

I have 2 550's for that reason. 1 setup for small and 1 for large primers.
View attachment 518779
Huh, I never considered using my Dillion just for priming. I use my RCBS for all my single stage loading which is typically low in the round count for my bolt guns. Progressive handles all my auto loaders.

Huh, I never considered using my Dillion just for priming. I use my RCBS for all my single stage loading which is typically low in the round count for my bolt guns. Progressive handles all my auto loaders.
Sometimes I only use it for that depending on how I'm reloading, but having the 2 just keeps from changing the primer slide.

if you shoot a semi-auto--- at times those can bend the rim outward a little which might allow the bottom of the case to not seat well in the shell holder- and the possibly leave the primer a little high. My FAL did that for a few rounds when I had the gas turned up too high :)

21st century.
I am curious as to what type of shell holder you need for the 21 st Century. Do you have to buy theirs or does a RCBS or Lee holder work also ? And if using another makers shell holder does it make a difference in the seating ?

I am sure not the best but I have the RCBS and it meet the need for sure. I like it and only load about 50 at a time

Thanks

Buck
I'm agreeing with Bucklowry and others with regard to the RCBS. My brother and I began using that in the early 1980s and it's still functioning fine. But we rarely do more than 100 rounds at a time, and our shooting is for practice and hunting.

View attachment 518578

Hands Down The Best
Handheld Priming Tool I've Used. !!
Quality "Precision Machined" Tool.
Controlled Depth Adjustment.

Another vote for 21st Century.

I am curious as to what type of shell holder you need for the 21 st Century. Do you have to buy theirs or does a RCBS or Lee holder work also ? And if using another makers shell holder does it make a difference in the seating ?

Not sure they interchange a quick call would confirm that.... but they do have their own.

What 338 dude said, the Frankford Arsenal hand primer is very good and you can set the depth as well. I don't believe you could find a more affordable hand primer with all of the necessary dies and attachments for the price you pay.

I have this priming tool and need to keep a small jeweler's screwdriver handy as primers seem to get hung up, but easily and quickly tweaked. I just primed 3000, 40 S&W cases with 4 hang-ups, easily and quickly fixed. The small primer seems to get hung, and I just touch it with the jeweler's screwdriver, and it slides back, then comes forward into the shell holder quickly without any disassembly needed.