Hammer bullets

Just sent steve two rifles fot his custom load development. My borden 28 nosler that is shooting Berger's about .3-.5 depending on me. And my sako 375 h&h. These guns are going with me and my son to Africa. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I have been running the 110 Hammers in my .260. Used on several whitetails this past season and they are absolutely devastating terminal performance. Magneto Speed says going 3,185 fps out of bone stock Savage 22" barrel tupperware stock and solid .5-.6 accuracy using 47 gr H4350 in Norma brass and Fed 215 primers. First seating depth I used was just set COAL to SAAMI at 2.8" and have never changed it. Just load and work to pressure and be amazed how easy they are to tune up. They are a soft copper and perform more like a cup and core high speed bullet on impact without the mess and a near guaranteed exit hole or 4!. Accurate and LETHAL

I wonder if 3100fps is asking too much out of a 21" barrel AR-10 with the 110?

Yeah they're soft dropped a Bullet and bent the tip shut, used for a dummy round after that

7mm RUM 143 grain Hammer Hunter @ 3,620 fps met a cow at 640 yards, steep uphill broadside shot entered low behind shoulder, exited high on opposite side. Cow never flinched or took a step for 10 seconds, buddy said "I think you missed" but I had heard it hit, finally saw some blood in her arm pit, but still no movement. After what seemed like an eternity she took a header, face first like a rocking horse going over forwards and rolled ~150 yards downhill leaving a massive blood trail. When I got to the initial shot site I saw she had just stood there spewing blood, so much that it melted the snow, like when you pee in the snow and it melts a hole. Shot went just over the heart and destroyed everything inside.
thumbnail (29).jpg
thumbnail (30).jpg
thumbnail (31).jpg
thumbnail (32).jpg
thumbnail (37).jpg
thumbnail (41).jpg
I'd say they perform pretty well !

That's impressive. I have a few rifles I am going to try them in. My buddies 6.5x284 is getting them for sure.

Ordered up some 181 grain Hammer Hunters. Can't wait to see what they can do in my 1-8 twist x bolt long range in 300 win. mag. Was able to talk to the owner Steve. Makes me feel good to do business with a small locally owned company.

I just got another 100 181gr Hammer Hunters in the mail a couple days ago. Time to zero, shoot drops then maybe I'll see what they do to a coyote.

I had a bunch sound off on me a few weeks ago, I reckon I would have turned the male that sounded off at the edge of the tree line had I seen him. I'm thinking about having Steve make me a dead blow bullet just for that.

One thing I forgot to add was that I did test the 110 Hammers in the .260 with Federal 210GM primers first and it shot just under moa barely at 300yds. But talked to Steve and he mentioned that he uses Magnum primers foremost in all calibers. So I tested the exact same load of 47gr H4350 again with the Federal 215GM and WOW cuts groups more that in half. Anytime I'm using a powder that may be a tad slow for bullet weight I will shoot it in the dark and look for muzzle flash, especially if its cold. I've seen flash suppressors with more flash than I get with this load, golf ball size and snappy ignitions. IMO Hammer bullets really like the kick in the butt at ignition. Some friends i have set up I have learned not to be afraid of going to tad faster burn rates than you would for most bullets of equal weights, the hammer just doesn't have much bearing surface.

I have learned not to be afraid of going to tad faster burn rates than you would for most bullets of equal weights, the hammer just doesn't have much bearing surface.

My 200gr accubond load did 3380 FPS with 104gr RL33

With the 181, 104 did 3272fps.