Hammer bullets

Where are you guys ordering from? I'd like to try them out but dang, they are more than double the price of Bergers. That is on there web page, is there a better place to order?

Only place I know is on their website. The owners build them all and ship them themselves. You can also call and talk to the owner! I haven't had a chance to shoot them, but if they shoot as good as everybody says they do, I'll be happy to pay $60 for 50.

525AD6B2-DF0D-4D09-8846-F80FD06C09F2.jpeg 3BA09A6C-0BED-4DD6-ADF7-F2F978424381.jpeg
Where are you guys ordering from? I'd like to try them out but dang, they are more than double the price of Bergers. That is on there web page, is there a better place to order?
Yes, they are more expensive, but they are worth it. Load development is, generally, pretty quick. Call or email Steve about load data for your particular cartridge, and he'll help hasten the process for you. You won't be using these bullets to practice with a bunch, because they are expensive compared to there, but they are truly a hunting bullet. They are extremely accurate and devastating on game. I changed over to them in all of my hunting rifles last year and haven't looked back. I won't hunt with any other bullet now.
Below are 2 photos to give you an idea of how accurate the Hammers are. First is a 3 shot group with my 7 STW (177 gr Hunter). Second photo is a 4 shot group from my 6.5-284 Norma (124 gr Hunter) and this barrel was shot out (it's getting a new barrel now)

Just got my first box of Hammers. 213 grain 338 for my 338 federal. Can't wait to load these up. As others have said they are perfect. same size exact same dimentions and weight. Unfortunately I've got to wait until the snow melts and it warms up before I can go to the range. Looking forward to trying these out on an Eland.

Just got my first box of Hammers. 213 grain 338 for my 338 federal. Can't wait to load these up. As others have said they are perfect. same size exact same dimentions and weight. Unfortunately I've got to wait until the snow melts and it warms up before I can go to the range. Looking forward to trying these out on an Eland.
You will really like the 213 gr bullet. I shoot the same bullet in my 338 Lapua.
The Eland doesn't have a chance

target.jpg Loaded up some Hammer Hunters 166 gr. in the 'ole '06. When testing for max load, found a couple shots next to each other that had close ES. Split the difference and used that as the powder charge. Had match primers but used CCI magnums cause I had quite a few. Loaded .020" off, .060" off and .100" off. Here's what I shot (Top right/5 shots. 4 shots on the others). 3x9 power scope, snowing and sort'a windy (100 yds.). Probably could have done better with more magnification. Reticle pretty much covered the spot. Orange spot is 3/4". Total bullets shot in load workup... 17.

I'm done.

Last edited:
View attachment 123270 Loaded up some Hammer Hunters 166 gr. in the 'ole '06. When testing for max load, found a couple shots next to each other that had close ES. Split the difference and used that as the powder charge. Had match primers but used CCI magnums cause I had quite a few. Loaded .020" off, .060" off and .100" off. Here's what I shot (Top right/5 shots. 4 shots on the others). 3x9 power scope, snowing and sort'a windy (100 yds.). Probably could have done better with more magnification. Reticle pretty much covered the spot. Orange spot is 3/4". Total bullets shot in load workup... 17.

I'm done.
That's fantastic!. What powder did you use? Did you chrono the load?

That's fantastic!. What powder did you use? Did you chrono the load?

Used some IMR 4350 that's been sitt'in around for a decade or more. Cloud of yellow dust when I pour it in the hopper (scary). I only used the chrono on max charge test and only shot 4 shots for that. By my observations of the two closest loads (.5 grain apart) on that test, which produced a 8 fps spread, it should be right at 2802 fps. This velocity is virtually identical to the 168 gr. Bergers I was shooting. Accuracy is about the same or better than the Berger's as well. That said, I can't shoot much better than that anyway so accuracy potential may actually be better. Unlike the Berger's however, I didn't need to go through a half dozen primers before I found one that sucked the groups in. I know by just looking at these Hammer's, there's no flaws to be seen.

Velocity is good, accuracy is good, bullet is supposed to do it's job. Now if I can just find some fish in a barrel.