Hammer bullets vs nosler zippedo’s

Ugly Dog

I'm new here so forgive me if this has been covered. I also hope I put this in the right place? Since on this forum I am learning of the Hammer bullets and I'm looking at them they look awfully close to the old Nosler zippedos I shoot in my 243 and 6mm. I have about 5-600 left I shoot deer and hogs with and an occasional coyote!!
Back in the day it was said they were hard on rifling?

Are they the same as they appear?
And they hard the rifling?
Sounds like they hold up and don't fall apart?
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Would you be willing to part with a hundred? Sort of a Nosler supporter as I live nearby. I'm looking for a solid 6mm performer on mule deer for my 240 WBY and a soon to arrive 6mm Creedmoor build. Thanks for your consideration!
Greg

The Nosler zippedos while they look similar to hammer bullets they are not even close, the Nosler is a cup and core bullet, A copper jacket with a lead core, the solid core was thought to increase presure, the grooves were meant to relieve hamber presure, they were/are basically early solid base bullets that replaced the zippedos in the middle to late 70's, I shot thousands of them in both 224 and 6MM until Nosler dropped them, gun barrel steel is a lot tougher than copper or gilding metal marketed bullets

Would you be willing to part with a hundred? Sort of a Nosler supporter as I live nearby. I'm looking for a solid 6mm performer on mule deer for my 240 WBY and a soon to arrive 6mm Creedmoor build. Thanks for your consideration!
Greg
I will take a look in the next couple days to be sure how many I have and see what I can do for you.

Another thread discussing the "Zipedo". Takes me back a ways, and I am surprised to see a few guys with enough left to keep shooting these.

1673632336569.png

1673632678277.png

Last edited: